Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    What: Competition 101
    Where: Atlanta Conservation Club
    When: Saturday March 27, 2010 9am - 4 pm
    Cost: $125 - $110 for ACC members (Includes hotdog lunch)

This course is an introduction to the rules, equipment, scoring, for competing in USPSA and steel challenge matches. There will be a classroom session followed by a range session. In addition to the rules and priniciples of the sport basic gunhandling and safety will covered. For anyone wanting to get into USPSA competition this is the place to start. Find out the rules and many other things you need to know before showing up to that first match and learning by trial and error. You will be glad you did.

The following day is an Instructional League match to would be a great way to get started practicing the things learned in the class.

aron@adaptiveconsultingandtraining.com

Eye and ear protection
    gun
    holster
    mag pouches
    150 rounds of ammo (at least) needed for live fire

Last edited:

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Hey Coach. I am very interested in attending this. I have been considering getting a G34 but the more I think about it, it makes sense to try this out first. Would my current G19 and carry holster suffice for this until I could find out more about the sport and what equipment works best? I'm not against having a reason to buy a new Glock but want to make sure of what works best.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Sure

Hey Coach. I am very interested in attending this. I have been considering getting a G34 but the more I think about it, it makes sense to try this out first. Would my current G19 and carry holster suffice for this until I could find out more about the sport and what equipment works best? I'm not against having a reason to buy a new Glock but want to make sure of what works best.

Yes it would suffice. This course would deal with the rules, equipment, gear and so forth and you could make a much more informed purchase or decision about guns and gear.

If you want to do this send me an email with name and I will get the registration process started.
    aron@adaptiveconsultingandtraining.com

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    We have plenty of time until this class, but I would like to get a few more folks signed up. We have had some interest but not all of those fols have followed up with registration. I have sent out some emails to remind them. If someone is considering this send me an email and I will get the registration form to you.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    curious on the equipment requirements.. How many Mags and enough pouches to hold how many mags?
    The requirements for the class will be less than a match. For this class 3 mags and the same number of mag puches will be enough. For the matches (depending on division) Five mags and pouches for four is necessary. If single stack is your division six mags on the belt is a good idea.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Guys please make sure to pre register and get a deposit in ahead of time. The balance can be paid at the class but if you have not registered with a deposit we need that for planning the class. Thanks. If you need forms or an address for the deposit let me know and I will get it to you. Thanks for all the interest.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    A little more room

We have a little more room left for this one. If you have been thinking about getting into Competition this is the place to begin.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    We have plenty of time until this class, but I would like to get a few more folks signed up. We have had some interest but not all of those fols have followed up with registration. I have sent out some emails to remind them. If someone is considering this send me an email and I will get the registration form to you.

Thanks for the reminder. I think the hubby and I are going to sit out this round and watch a couple matches first so we know we to even ask. Thanks, and hopefully we can jump in on a future class!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Thanks for the reminder. I think the hubby and I are going to sit out this round and watch a couple matches first so we know we to even ask. Thanks, and hopefully we can jump in on a future class!

It won't take a couple of matches watching. Typically someone who comes to watch wished they had brought their gear after two stages. Where the class is valuable is I head off many things that don't have to be learned the hard way. With the class in the spring the folks new to Comp can get in more matches as the year progresses. If other things in your life are holding you back I understand that. But if you are just a little tenative about competition in general don't hold back take the plunge.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    A big part of the class is devoted to how a match is run and rules. Knowing that will help you understand what you are watching, even if you want to just observe a match or two before you shoot.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Thanks to the people in the class today for coming out and I hope you found it valuable. Everyone was safe and it was great having people asking so many questions. I enjoyed myself greatly today. A big thanks to Rhino for all of his work today and for arriving early.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Yes, he said "arriving early."

It happened.

I also wish to thank all of the students today for being safe and receptive to our input. It was a good day and the weather was excellent! I hope to see all of you again soon.

Top Bottom