• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redwingshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Greenwood
    So my best friend and I are wanting to get into competition shooting more and having to constantly put on and take off our holsters and mag carriers on a traditional belt is well, just a pain. So, we are both looking at investing in a good competition belt to make our lives easier. I was wanting to get peoples' opinions on the major brands on what they like/dislike about their system.

From my research the major ones that most serious competitors using are:

DAA
    CR Speed
    Blade Tech
    Safariland ELS
    Black Scorpion

From my research on Enos it appears that the top 2 are CR Speed and DAA. However I would like my fellow INGO'ers to chime in on what they like/dislike! Intended competitions are primarily USPSA and steel, no interest in IDPA or 3-gun at this time. Price is not an issue. Thanks in advance!

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    I use a CR Speed personally and feel it works just fine. I'd like it to be a bit stiffer than it is, but I also shoot 3-gun primarily and the belt has to hold way more stuff than you'll need. CR Speed & Bladetech competition belts are nearly the same per my understanding. The DAA belts are supposed to be a bit stiffer than the CR Speed. The Safariland belts are popular with 3-gunners because of the ease of attaching/detaching things without removing the belt, which shouldn't really be a concern for you. I don't have any experience with any of the Black Scorpion gear.

If I were to go out and buy a dedicated pistol competion belt right now, it would be a Double Alpha.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    So my best friend and I are wanting to get into competition shooting more and having to constantly put on and take off our holsters and mag carriers on a traditional belt is well, just a pain. !

Am not sure what competition you are shooting now, but if you get into USPSA and steel as planned most people just leave that stuff on the whole match.

Based on what is important to me (comfort, stuff held securely, tightness constant) an old school heavy leather gun belt works really well.

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    my only complaint about the DAA is the inner belt feels cheap. I have a CR speed for my SS setup and a DAA for my production. DAA is stiffer but I've never noticed a difference running a stage. I use my CR speed inner belt for both.

Yellowshoot

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 6, 2014
    Indianapolis
    DAA, have 2 love them, buy, cry once and your done!
    DAA are stiffer and keeps my stuff together better. I heard people saying inner belt feels cheap, but it does what's supposed to do, I don't know what a primo inner belt looks like =)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    That's what I was thinking as well. Always good to have a GM chime in.

Grelber, I am already into USPSA (lightly) and steel.

Just beware if you ever venture over to IDPA your belt and holster may not be "legal".

Does your IDPA gear pass the dowel test? | Gun Nuts Media

Heck some holsters directly attached to a standard belt wont pass this test depending on your body type. Adding a two layer competition belt could put it too far off your body.

EOC

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    The Garage
    A buddy got me using the black scorpion belt and it is excellent for the price and seems as good strength wise and quality as blade tech and double alpha

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have had all of them, still have most of them also (from size 36-52!!)

My go to was the DAA outer, with the CR speed inner belt

until I met Ernie Hill at Nationals last year and checked out his belt set up
    Here is a video of his belt set up with holster and mag pouches and me picking it up with a magnet
    https://www.facebook.com/jake.martens.3/videos/vb.636458023/10152860607228024/?type=2&theater

the outer belt has a steel liner (just like his old leather design that as so popular)

very well made, very stiff, and just a little bit over sized, not as much over sized has the DAA, so you can still get your stuff on there without as much effort as the DAA.

Send him an email
    hillernie@gmail.com

Top Bottom