• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • elemonator

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Peru, IN
    I am wanting to buy a complete AR upper,And am feeling overwhelmed with all of the brands there are,can anyone bottom line it for me,I want a chrome lined,1:7,16" flat top upper.Ive had this lower since black friday and I want to finish my rifle.Primarily will just be for plinking and etc,no need for a bench rifle....TYIA

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    Your timing is impeccable! There is a weekend deal for a cold hammer forged middy with bolt carrier and charging handle for $400, and shipping is free.
    IMHO This is a rare combination of deals. A CHF barrel will last many thousands of rounds. Don't hesitate or settle for lesser quality for less money, you are unlikely to do better.

Spot Me 2

Expert
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Unless they fixed the quality control issue with the PTAC crap they have been selling, stay far away from it. I love PSA and there quality for the price. PTAC has been nothing but problems for a LOT of people. Google it. if 3-6 inch groups at 100 yards are exceptable than go for it. The PTAC uppers have been hit and miss. Stick with the PSA stuff and you can't go wrong!

echoagain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    PSA is showing in-stock on premium M4 complete uppers as of this afternoon. A cold hammer forged barrel is nice but I doubt you'll notice a difference unless you shoot so much ammo that the cost of the barrel will be insignificant relative to what you spent on the ammo itself. Other sources I would look at would be Bravo Company, Spikes Tactical and Delton.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm interested in this Surbu upper I keep hearing about.

$700 range
    Side chargíng
    Piston op
    Monolithic style upper

Anyone see them?

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Yeah going with PSA like suggested is great. It may pay off to be patient though and watch daily deals for awhile and jump on one at a good price point when it comes along.

elemonator

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Peru, IN
    I am going to look into all the option/opinions,and not rush too much,Ive had the lower for over a year now,so...I am pretty sure I want a 16" mid-length,1:7 chrome lined,but who knows...maybe carbine length.

jperry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2013
    Columbus
    I bought the psa upper with the 16 in fn chf brl. No bcg or charging handle for $335 shipped. I thought it was a pretty good deal.

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    BCM lightweight profile mid length. That was the best handling upper I have tried to date. Don't skimp, ammo is expensive.

woody1071

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2013
    United States
    Last week I ordered the PTAC 16" upper 1:7 twist with BCG and Charging handle for $289 plus $15 shipping from PSA. I paired that up with a New Frontier assembled polymer lower from JoeBobOutfitters.com for 109.99 shipped. I have no idea what to expect from it. Obviously a budget el cheapo build but i'm interested to see how it all comes together and what kind of performance I get out of it. I will report back with a range report. I have the lower already, waiting for PSA to ship the upper assembly.

Top Bottom