• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Will send PM with e-mail address for a corrective chart. It helps some but only after some good, solid instruction. Can't bulid a house without starting at the foundation.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    First off I'm not sure if this is the right place for this but I am pretty new to forums. I just got my first guns a couple of weeks ago and I got a Beretta 92fs. I have fired it a few times but cant seem to hit anything most of the time. I haven't been taught how to fire it and am mainly just learning as I go but progress is slow is their a certain way I need to be holding it or something like that. Or do I just need to keep firing it until I get it down?

Try holding your wrist with your other hand.
    Spend the money for some kind of training, and take this guy with ya'

Chapparal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 16, 2011
    B'town
    I will add to the crowd: Training, training, and more training.

I will go one further and suggest you start with something like a .22LR revolver. You can learn control and not be scared of the recoil. Learn to shoot with something simple first then move onto other things. You can find inexpensive revolvers all over the place.

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    you can learn everything you need to know on youtube...be sure to master the aforementioned gangsta grip and holding you shooting wrist with the opposite hand earns you some more style points.

Seriously, I took a buddy of mine out for his first time and he really was holding his wrist with his off hand. He just didn't know any better. Don't develop bad habits and welcome to Ingo. This site can be addicting, so use in small doses.....don't say I didn't warn you!

AverageMidwest

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fishers
    You're going to spend a lot of money on ammo anyway if you're serious - may as well spend a little bit on training to make sure you can hit what you're shooting at.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    you can learn everything you need to know on youtube...be sure to master the aforementioned gangsta grip and holding you shooting wrist with the opposite hand earns you some more style points.

Seriously, I took a buddy of mine out for his first time and he really was holding his wrist with his off hand. He just didn't know any better. Don't develop bad habits and welcome to Ingo. This site can be addicting, so use in small doses.....don't say I didn't warn you!

I fully agree with the first part of your post (not sure why it is purple...maybe an error with the site's software). The gangsta grip was the 2nd best thing I did to improve my shooting. The other was when I incorporated the gangsta grip with a full body jerk/arm thrust with each shot. This works fine for handguns but it makes shooting a rifle or a shotgun very difficult.

But yeah, if there are guys willing to give you some free instruction...take them up on it and when you can afford it, get some proper training. Most of my money is going to school and gas right now but when I'm done with school, I'm looking forward to training for handguns/rifles/shotguns.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    You can't hold your wrist with your other hand. BOTH hands over your head? Sheesh. Noob. You can only do that if you're dual-wielding.

White_n_ggaz.jpg

forthehousew

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    indy
    when you want to get rifle training, I took my Son to the Appleseed course and Wow it was awesome. I have recommended it to others and it was very affordable, around $30 and I learned a lot, and shot a lot. Cant wait to take Daugther.

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    Welcome to the forum. Find a NRA Instructor and get some training ASAP. I carried the Beretta 92 in the Air Force. Liked it but was not near as accurate and easy to use as my Glocks. Find someone who can train you on your firearm and practice often.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Save up over the cold winter months and get some training in the spring. I doubt you can beat our prices at ACT.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    The idiot needs to be pointing them guns at the Vamp behind him. Yeah,what a noob.

He should be considering himself lucky that there is a female anywhere near him (even though it is probably his sister). That kid is a bigger d-bag than me and I'm a colossal douche.

Top Bottom