• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ReSSurrected

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Bloomington
    For some reason, any video I watch is "choppy". The audio is just fine, but the video seems to start and stop a couple times per second.

If you're crazy enough to try to help me, post up what info you want from me (no CC numbers, sorry :abused:) and how I'm supposed to find it.

Assume you're dealing with a 5 year old. Maybe less.

Thanks.

LeeStreet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    South of Steuben Co.
    For some reason, any video I watch is "choppy". The audio is just fine, but the video seems to start and stop a couple times per second.

If you're crazy enough to try to help me, post up what info you want from me (no CC numbers, sorry :abused:) and how I'm supposed to find it.

Assume you're dealing with a 5 year old. Maybe less.

Thanks.

Sorry, but from my experience, a 5 year old could fix it.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    What kind of movies? DVD's? Streaming? Youtube?

Well, if you're streaming the video, like Youtube, it could be you need to upgrade Flash to the latest version.

Noland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    N IN
    Need more info.

For starters, make sure that your connection isn't being used up by another application. If you, or someone else in your house, are using the internet then you may not be getting enough bandwidth to stream.

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    don't forget to run ccleaner , malwarebytes , defrag system & update flash. did this just happen? What has changed on the system? Also have you cleaned out the computer lately(dust, if a desktop).

ReSSurrected

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Bloomington
    What kind of movies? DVD's? Streaming? Youtube?

Well, if you're streaming the video, like Youtube, it could be you need to upgrade Flash to the latest version.

Anything. Mostly Youtube stuff. I'll check that out

Need more info.

For starters, make sure that your connection isn't being used up by another application. If you, or someone else in your house, are using the internet then you may not be getting enough bandwidth to stream.

No other users on this connection. As far as other applications, I don't know of any.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I can tell you the OS is Xp, but I don't have a clue as to whether it's on board video or a card.
    Pull the box out and take a look around back. If the monitor is plugged into a card in one of the card slots, you have a card. If it's plugged into a plug that runs down the side with your plugs for serial and such then it's onboard.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Do you have an anti-virus program that could be scanning the incoming data, slowing it down?

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    This may be over the top for complexity, but you might also want to make sure you're running the latest driver for your video card. If, on the other hand, you've JUST done an update of some type that caused the problem, see if you can't use the System Restore Wizard to go back to the last restore point--see if that helps at all. Good luck!!

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    It's a combination of all the above.:eek:
    Are you watching the vids within the browser while connected to the webzernet or after they've been dl to the hard disk?

Top Bottom