• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    About 15 years ago, the place I worked at the time gave us all free desktop computers. Since I already had one, I gave mine to my then 82 year old mom. She took a class for seniors at the Gateway store (I think). She never did get the hang of it. I used to really get a kick out of it when she would send me an email saying she couldn't get into her email. :n00b: :):
    LOL. When I was in high school my grandparents lived in Florida. My grandma got her first computer and started emailing to stay in touch with all of us. When she came to visit she said told my mom “he’s so sweet online, he says love u lots throughout our talks”.

After some talking we figured out she thought LOL stood for Love U Lots? It was heartbreaking when she learned I wasn’t saying I love you but was laughing instead.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    A Yugo is a "good enough" car, too. :): As of windows 8 or so, its finally enough to run and catches most stuff. I still wouldnt trust it unless I had absolutely zero options. Avast is good and not very expensive.

And it sounds like OP does need to pay the extra for full time scanning. ($35/year?) I have several clients that I have set up with it. They too had stuff get onto their PC that they had no clue where it came from. Not anymore!

No offense, Spike but given all the computer related threads you have posted, it sounds like you could use a little extra help. No knock on you, we all have our strengths and weaknesses. Your strength just isnt computers. (and that's OK)

Ya that’s what I was getting at when suggesting classes. I hope he didn’t take offense to it, but it may be worth it to him. Especially if he’s paying to have computers fixed and replaced over problems that could be avoided with a little experience.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    LOL. When I was in high school my grandparents lived in Florida. My grandma got her first computer and started emailing to stay in touch with all of us. When she came to visit she said told my mom “he’s so sweet online, he says love u lots throughout our talks”.
    After some talking we figured out she thought LOL stood for Love U Lots? It was heartbreaking when she learned I wasn’t saying I love you but was laughing instead.

I remember when I thought LOL meant "Lots of Love." :dunno:
    I finally realized that in context that wasn't what it could mean. :laugh:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Are there instances of viruses getting by up-to-date, daily scanning, Windows Defender? Links?

Maybe me and Spike are virus ridden and don't know it? :dunno:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Are there instances of viruses getting by up-to-date, daily scanning, Windows Defender? Links?

Maybe me and Spike are virus ridden and don't know it? :dunno:

Nothing is perfect. Its possible. Probably not likely unless you are seeing issues. If your PC is windows 7, I'd trust day old gas station tuna salad first. Defender on windows 10 is at least reasonably effective now and will stop most threats. But remember, you typically get what you pay for.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Thanks as always, for the professional advice. :ingo:

Get what you pay for is at times hard to figure. Kinda like a rifle I might own, with a PSA lower, match grade barrel and Geissele trigger?

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I turned on my laptop at 15:00 today.
    I connected to the internet via "Firefox".
    A transparent page covered 1/2 of my screen.
    It was "PREMIER OPINION" asking personal information.
    I immediately closed my internet.
    I checked my "windows" start menu.

"PREMIER OPINION" was back on it with all its option menu.
    I called McAFee.
    She had me uninstall McAfee and reinstall it.
    She also had me do an update.
    Then I was able to UNINSTALL
    "PREMIER OPINION".

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Once again (though I doubt you will listen)

BUY F***ING MALWAREBYES PREMIUM AND STOP B****ING ABOUT HOW YOU KEEP GETTING MALWARE AND YOUR PC ACTS WONKY!!!!

It (the paid version) runs in the background and PREVENTS this crap from installing. You obviously are not computer savvy, and it shows. Trust me. its worth the $40/year for you.
    See! They would have stopped it.
    https://blog.malwarebytes.com/detections/adware-premieropinion/

Mcafee stops VIRUSES. But you dont have a virus problem, you have PUAs or "Potentially Unwanted Applications". (spyware) That is what MalwareBytes stops.

Buy here:
    https://www.malwarebytes.com/pricing/

Or at least do us a favor and get the free download and manually scan periodically.
    https://www.malwarebytes.com/

That is all I can do. Trust me, if we were all sitting in your den watching over your shoulder I would have pushed you out of your chair and forcibly installed it already. :):

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Once again (though I doubt you will listen)

BUY F***ING MALWAREBYES PREMIUM AND STOP B****ING ABOUT HOW YOU KEEP GETTING MALWARE AND YOUR PC ACTS WONKY!!!!

It (the paid version) runs in the background and PREVENTS this crap from installing. You obviously are not computer savvy, and it shows. Trust me. its worth the $40/year for you.
    See! They would have stopped it.
    https://blog.malwarebytes.com/detections/adware-premieropinion/

Mcafee stops VIRUSES. But you dont have a virus problem, you have PUAs or "Potentially Unwanted Applications". (spyware) That is what MalwareBytes stops.

Buy here:
    https://www.malwarebytes.com/pricing/

Or at least do us a favor and get the free download and manually scan periodically.
    https://www.malwarebytes.com/

That is all I can do. Trust me, if we were all sitting in your den watching over your shoulder I would have pushed you out of your chair and forcibly installed it already. :):

Sometimes there are people who show they are intelligent and are helpful.

CAMERAMONKEY you are not one of them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sometimes there are people who show they are intelligent and are helpful.

CAMERAMONKEY you are not one of them.

OK this stinks. I know the monkey personally. He has tried to help you but as always you refuse to take the solid advice that so many highly qualified members give you. People with knowledge and skills in computers that you do not respect.
    This is over.

In future if you start another goat roping rodeo thread I will close it too.
    Buy the right stuff. Get a good solid computer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom