• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Sorry to split hairs, but this is not Conan The Barbarian 3, it's a remake of the first...Number 1 was The Barbarian and number 2 was The Destroyer.

The Barbarian was awesome, The Destroyer SUCKED...I don't expect anything out of this one either.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Sorry to split hairs, but this is not Conan The Barbarian 3, it's a remake of the first...Number 1 was The Barbarian and number 2 was The Destroyer.

The Barbarian was awesome, The Destroyer SUCKED...I don't expect anything out of this one either.

Tried to rep you for this haha I loved The Barbarian.

j. villarreal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    It's a reboot but the third film, if you dig. I think they are going for the whole 300 vibe. I love 300, but Conan it ain't.

p.s.
    That creep can roll, man.

Jason

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    The original books by Robert E. Howard are the best. Those movies sucked big time.

:yesway: I grew up on those.

:+1:I grew up reading the originals created by Robert E Howard and the books written by L. Sprague de Camp. I was very disapointed when the movies came out. They sucked! Hopefully this new movie will stick closer to the original character Howard created and not the crap that was portrayed by Arnold Schwarzenegger.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    To the generation (like me) that grew up on Arnold as Conan no re-boot/re-make will ever work. Just like the generation that grew up with the books of Conan, the Arnold ones were not go.

This movie (ie. story) is not for us but for a younger generation to inspire them.
    Me I think I'll label myself an old dog and skip this one. Just like I skipped the new bond films with they used a perrty boy with blond hair.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I too grew up reading those books, along with some other sword/sorcery books.

Although I love the first Conan movie, it didn't really follow the books.

But what I really wish is that someone somewhere would take Michael Moorcock's books and make a series of movies based on them.

Elric of Melniboné would make for a great movie. I can see it now... Julian Sands as Elric and Jason Alexander as Moonglum... it would be awesome.

Top Bottom