• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    I had a ton of people comment on my 1911. Many people were shocked that we can OC in Indiana. It was fun educating and talking with people from out of state. Many people commented that my hammer was back. They gave me blank stares when I said that I know and if it wasn't back it is doing me no good.

One of the LEO's asked about my beautiful purple heart grips. He laughed at me when I said my wife got them for me from Etsy....

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I actually did both OC and CC. It was so damn cool this morning at 8 am I had to wear a Jacket. Then throughout the day the jacket was off and on because there were some spots that were cool and some that were hot. Took it off for Uncle Teds speech because it was hot in the sagamore ballroom. And then by the end of the day I had to put it back on because my bags were so full of catalogs and freebies I didn't have room in the bag for it anymore!

adws943

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    I OCed all weekend no problems. Did anyone see me? My holster was "We the people" with an american flag background.

conservative

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Went yesterday...my son and I both carried...no one questioned us, no security checkpoints, no TSA screeners invading our private parts, no bag checking, nothing but friendly people....talked to a police officer and he said he loved this convention because all the a%%holes were gone to the suburbs.....:):

Oh, and not to forget all the lovely ladies in the shot gold sequin dresses!!!!!!

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    I OC'd while I was down there, no problems at all. A group of older gentlemen from Tennessee stopped me and told me it was "nice to see another young man open carrying," and that they are trying to make OC more common in Tennessee as well.

Motorhead302

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Fulton County
    stupid story. when i first got my ltch, i got the 4 year. that was a long time ago, and i haven't carried for about four years. a little over a month ago i applied for my lifetime, and i've been waiting rather impatiently for it to come in. i was looking forward to having it before the show both because i'm from the boondocks and don't like going to densely populated, unfamiliar areas without some form of protection other than my wife's temper (kidding honey;)) and because i wanted to exercise that right while celebrating its existence with so many others who were.
    it came in the mail while we were driving there, unarmed. i was so annoyed when i got home. lol

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...and because i wanted to exercise that right while celebrating its existence with so many others who were.
    it came in the mail while we were driving there, unarmed. i was so annoyed when i got home. lol

Indiana infringes upon the right to carry a handgun more than most states.

Many Hoosiers forget all about that annoyance once their purchased permission slip arrives.

Motorhead302

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Fulton County
    Indiana infringes upon the right to carry a handgun more than most states.

Many Hoosiers forget all about that annoyance once their purchased permission slip arrives.

yeah, i agree the system is silly. there shouldn't be a license at all. and then the extra steps in the process, and the inclusion of having to deal with your local pd just make it more convoluted. i think mine took a little longer than most i've read in the tracking thread because i got the sense that my local sheriff's office is a bit lax in dealing with the apps in a timely manner. it took a week after the fingerprinting for them to have the papers ready to sign, and i think they waited a while before transmitting them. it took about 5 1/2 weeks all told.

they should just drop the process entirely, and save themselves and us some time and expense, and at the same time show the proper respect to the 2a.

rhinoabe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Jennings Co.
    I OC,d on Saturday and had a IMPD officer stop me and ask if my G17 was a gen 1 or 2. Then for Supper I OC,d to Kilroy's . I don't think any one noticed.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    I carried my 686 on my hip all day Sunday. The only thing that happened after i got in, was being questioned by a few nice fella's from Texas about O.C., they said they would love it if they could carry that way in Texas. They also told me a few tricks on cooking wild hogs, all in all, a very nice conversation.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I carried my 686 on my hip all day Sunday. The only thing that happened after i got in, was being questioned by a few nice fella's from Texas about O.C., they said they would love it if they could carry that way in Texas. They also told me a few tricks on cooking wild hogs, all in all, a very nice conversation.

Hah! That's funny...

Did anyone see the army of 8 year old girls? I can't believe my XD survived the onslaught!

The S.A. rep asked me if I owned any Springfield products - I just telling glanced down at my left hip where my XD .45 was plainly visible. "Oh, good! We love to see that."

Later, I think TechRes asked me about it in the Appleseed booth.

All in all, rather ho-hum open carrying - like most days. Most people don't notice or care.

IndyClay

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    I cc'd at the convention as I do everywhere I can by law. I visited the SCCY booth and showed them that I was carrying their gun. I met R. Lee Ermey Tom Selleck, and Rob Pinkus, It was a fun convention...oh and a I met Wayne LaPierre too

Bravo-4-2

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2014
    Indianapolis
    You might want to try 'banded bottom' shirts...my wardrobe is almost totally that kind now.....

Banded bottom shirts are the best friend a gun carrier can have. They are easy to find at Sears, Kohls, or online. Actually, Goodwill usually has a lot of them, often in new condition, for under $4.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Do you realize how stuipid this comment makes you look? Hoosiers are among the most fortunate of any state in the nation.

Stuipid is as stuipid does, Forrest.

forrestgump.jpg

If you'd like to attempt to refute the fact I stated or engage in a rational discussion on the topic of rights vs. privileges, please, by all means have it.

(I promise to take it easy on you since you're fairly new here.) ;)

Otherwise, I'll just lump you in as a prime example of the remainder of my original quote:

...Many Hoosiers forget all about that annoyance once their purchased permission slip arrives.

Bravo-4-2

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Stuipid is as stuipid does, Forrest.

If you'd like to attempt to refute the fact I stated or engage in a rational discussion on the topic of rights vs. privileges, please, by all means have it.

(I promise to take it easy on you since you're fairly new here.) ;)

Otherwise, I'll just lump you in as a prime example of the remainder of my original quote:

You would find the engagement frustrating, educational, and then humiliating (in that order.) I choose not to take advantage of you.

Top Bottom