• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tapout4892

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 21, 2016
    New Albany
    Right now I have an option between a Glock 42 brand new. Or a sig P239 in 40 s&w. My primary use for this is deep conceal carrying and when I don’t use it my wife can use it. While I’m a 9mm or 45 type guy. I don’t know much about these two pistols. And was wondering what people think about them.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'd avoid the 42. While its small, its not small enough for pocket carry. And stopping power is questionable in 380. If I had to choose, I'd go with the 40. (unless the 380 was a true mouse gun like a LCP... then I'd still lean toward the 40)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The P239 is a very fine pistol. I have two, one in 9 and another in .40 that was converted to .357 Sig. But I am not sure what you mean by deep conceal. The P239 is not a a small, lightweight pistol. Certainly smaller than the P229. But it is not a P365 or P938. You would want to still have a good belt and holster for it.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Obviously I don't know your wife so I will ask how she feels about recoil?

If it's not an issue for her, .40 shouldn't be a problem.

I am curious though, why just these two choices? Only thing available? Friend/family deal?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Whichever one you shoot best. Period. With the right ammo, the .380 will do what it needs to IF you put the shot in the right place. If the .40 is to snappy and you can't shoot it as accurately, what good is it?

Carry the biggest gun you can shoot good. If you can shoot the 40 decent, carry that.

But whatever you choose, you need to practice with. I'll even recommend an hour with a trainer to help you get things sorted out.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Between those two options, the Glock 42 is the one more suited to deep conceal, if that is the primary consideration. The P239 is a nice pistol, but quite bulky and heavy for the limited round capacity, and not exactly a "deep conceal" option for most people. What is your intended deep conceal method? The G42 works fine in a pocket holster, unless you wear Freddie Mercury style jeans.

Top Bottom