• ...and so much more!
  • zerocool

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Indy Northside
    Hey everyone.

I am looking for some suggestions for a good conceal carry handgun. Glock 26 is a bit to bulky and looking for more stopping power than a .380. I will probably go with a 9mm or .40

What would be your suggestions?

Thanks,
    Zero

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I suggest the gun you can manipulate and shoot best.

Carry is a function of the platform (belt and holster) not the weapon.

The subjective is objective. You choose. Allow your education to select your gun. Let your software pick your hardware.

I carry a 1911. It is familiar to me since I have carried since I was 13. The weapon is flat and comforms to my body. The magazines are easier to manipulate and the 5" Gummit model is easy to run one handed.

Each to his own.:twocents:

DFM914

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Avon
    Might I suggest a Shield 9mm or Xds9 ... there are many to choose from. Go to a range and rent a couple of different ones to help get a feel what your looking for. Good luck on your search.

SHCdvldg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Waukesha
    If a Glock 26 is too bulky, then you must be the skinniest person in the world who wears uber tight clothes...

I would suggest picking up a 9mm handgun that has a capacity to hold more than 10 rounds. Check out the M&P9, M&P9c, Ruger SR9, Glock 17, Glock 19, I might even stretch and check out the M&P9 Shield or the Springfield xDs 9... both always with an extra mag. I would also encourage you to get some quality defensive pistol training, those types of classes will come as close as they safely can to putting you in a worst case scenario so you know what tool you need to get the job done and come out alive.

Joq867

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Brooksville
    Try the Kel Tec PF-9, some call it a pocket pistol, but I think it is a bit large for pocket carry. The PF-11 carries more ammo but has a wider grip to accommodate the double stack magazine.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Hey everyone.

I am looking for some suggestions for a good conceal carry handgun. Glock 26 is a bit to bulky and looking for more stopping power than a .380. I will probably go with a 9mm or .40

What would be your suggestions?

Thanks,
    Zero

Describe what about it is too bulky and how you are carrying, etc.

I have no issues with a Glock 27 or a 23/19 sized gun, IWB, at the 5 - 5:30 position.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    I'm guessing you want something thinner. . already mentioned are the xds,shield,nano.. Try them out and any other recommendations you get on here. 99.9%should be credible. This isa great site!

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Tons of them out there. I guess if the g26 is too bulky for you you will need to check out single stack 9s. Kahr cw9, cm9, pm9, Beretta nano, keltec pf9, s&w shield, xds...I know I'm missing several good pistols out there.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Shield

SW Shield comes to mind, but really any good Beretta,
    Kahr, or other like class of pistol, would do just fine.
    Personally, I have learned to save my money and stay away from
    the lesser brands.
    I will mention Bersa, as the one inexpensive brand, that will perform with the best of them.

koutsevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    San Pierre, IN
    Shield or Walther PPS. Definitely a single stack. I am on the rather portly side, I can easily conceal a G26 or G23. My love rolls prevent anything larger because of the grip length. Also, try out several holsters. I am always buying a new one. They seem to just keep getting better. Just got a Galco King Tuc. It is better than what I had before.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Your method of carrying may be the issue if a G26 is too bulky. During cooler weather I can conceal a service model XD45 under a hoodie. Warmer months I put an XDm9 compact under a tshirt. I use an IWB crossbreed supertuck which makes a world of difference compared to my blackhawk sportster that I use to open carry.

MordecuS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Mooresville
    I absolutely love my PPK. It's a single stack so it's thin and .380, while not an ideal round for many, suits me just fine. It's also easier to find than 9mm, but don't make a decision based on ammo availability. Eventually things will return to normal so choose the gun you want, in the caliber that you want.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Well, apparently you like Glocks; you own one. If most of your experience is with that brand and you are happy with it why change? If a fat Glock isn't working perhaps a skinny Glock? They have a single stack .45 that I know some people admire. If not that, something as Glock like as you can find?

1911 mike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    3rd rock from the sun
    I would go with the Kel-Tec. I have carried the P-11 for 5 + years. I have run almost 2000+ rounds with mine. All I have done is a little fluff & buff, and changed too the steel guide rod. Great small gun with 11 round capacity. Price was $246 and it conceals real good. Give one a try. Works for me on an ankle rig....Thanks

zerocool

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Indy Northside
    Thanks for the good info guys. I appreciate the input. I agree, the single stack is the way to go for me.

I will go out and see what I can find...

I will let you know what I end up with!

Zero

Top Bottom