• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    I have a photographer type vest that I wear when I'm out target shooting and I really like how I can easily carry all of my gear. I got to thinking if a conceal carry vest would be a good purchase. Does anyone on here wear one?

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I have one I picked up at RK a couple years ago. It's a little heavy but I've grown to like it and I wear it quite often in this kind of weather.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    IMO, you're better off with a quality belt/holster/mag carrier you can conceal effectively.

The vests seem to fall into 3 styles:
    - Motorcycle
    - Fishing/Hunting
    - Tactical

All 3 scream: PROBABLY HAS A GUN

So, if you have to cover this layer with another layer of concealment...

What all kinda stuff are you looking to conceal in that vest (beyond firearm & mags).

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Here is my two cents on wearing a vest out in the general public. Most people, if they notice you're wearing a vest, are going to think you're a weirdo wearing a vest. The fact that you may be carrying won't even cross their minds. The people that will see it for what it is are going to be fellow firearms owners. Total non-issue. Like I said, my two cents. Take it for what it's worth.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The cowboy jeans company Cinch has several CC vests and jackets. Great quality stuff! And their jeans are made for real work and offer a better fit for IWB carry.

However, the best CC cover up is a quality dress sport coat, think suit jacket, with proper shirt under. Few think the business guy as carrying even though many do. It is as far from tactical as you can get and has inside pockets too...

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Kuhl and Arcteryx make vests that don’t scream gun, fish, or anything other than light sleeveless jacket for cool not cold days.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I always roll under the assumption that everyone else is armed, as I am. Those wearing vests or Hawaiian shirts inappropriately just look like they are. ;)

Top Bottom