• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ed steinberry

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2022
    New castle
    I've never liked the idea of clothing being a holster or having a soft holster such as clothing. I like my holsters being securely connected to my belt or body with no flopping around of the firearm.
    I have a vest I use that can hold extra magazines it even has a built in holster that fits around my underarm area. It is just to weak imo to hold anything properly. I do like the vest for fall and winter wear.
    Looks similar to this.
    View attachment 226369
    The holster isn’t in the hoodie, it just has a hole in the pocket to access your appendix holster.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I've yet to see any of the clothing items that aren't gimmicks, and generally poorly done gimmicks. Maybe this is the visit from the Good Idea Fairy that works out, but I'd pressure test it with a training partner willing to pressure you realistically before committing to doing it for real if I had any interest in actually using one.

Agreed. Personally, I'd just get a regular hoody and use the same technique one uses when normally drawing from an appendix holster.

woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    With fall coming up I was looking at getting a couple of these hoodies. Anyone here own one and is it worth the $50? I only carry concealed but sometimes I will carry outside the waistband with a hoodie covering it. But I really like the idea of this for appendix carry. Just trying to decide if it’s worth the money or if I should just keep carrying how I have been.
    The only "right" way to carry wearing a hoodie, is appendix carry. No holster, rubber bands around the grips.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    The holster isn’t in the hoodie, it just has a hole in the pocket to access your appendix holster.
    So to get my heater I have to put my hand through a hole and then find another hole that I put my hand through.... Breath...... And then find my heaters grip and then pull it back through two holes " what can go wrong with that under pressure" and then I can aim my heater.
    Seems easier just to lift the left side on my sweatshirt up with my right hand and grab my heater with my left hand an aim.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    So to get my heater I have to put my hand through a hole and then find another hole that I put my hand through.... Breath...... And then find my heaters grip and then pull it back through two holes " what can go wrong with that under pressure" and then I can aim my heater.
    Seems easier just to lift the left side on my sweatshirt up with my right hand and grab my heater with my left hand an aim.
    This.

I would imagine this hoodie is for the guys that actually used that little flap on the front of their underwear.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Personally i only like to pee at gas stations. I walk in. Drop my pants to the floor then I spin in a circle while gently bouncing on my toes.
    iu

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    I'm pretty certain that these hoodies are made for right handed shooters ... you lefties always seem to have issues with right handed equipment.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I'm pretty certain that these hoodies are made for right handed shooters ... you lefties always seem to have issues with right handed equipment.
    Never seen a lefty get M1 thumb, never seen a righty use left handed scissors or a left handed desk. We can use either.
    Everything a right handed person can do with one hand, we can do with both.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Full disclosure, im definitely left handed.
    And i've never owned a left handed firearm.
    I'm a mix. I throw, bowl and kick a football with my left. I write and shoot right-handed and I'm right eye dominant. Basically, things requiring more strength than coordination I do like a leftie. Things requiring more precision, I do like a rightie. If I try and throw right handed, I throw like a girl. :):

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I'm a mix. I throw, bowl and kick a football with my left. I write and shoot right-handed and I'm right eye dominant. Basically, things requiring more strength than coordination I do like a leftie. Things requiring more precision, I do like a rightie. If I try and throw right handed, I throw like a girl. :):
    Right eye dominate, shoot with both open, left hand throwing, punch with both, weld all three with either.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Right eye dominate, shoot with both open, left hand throwing, punch with both, weld all three with either.
    Sucked trying to find a baseball glove for my right hand as a kid. Also as a kid, I was the only one that owned a pair of boxing gloves in our neighborhood, so my friends and I would box, and I'd wear the left glove and they'd wear the right. We could only block with our un-gloved hand. :):

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Sucked trying to find a baseball glove for my right hand as a kid. Also as a kid, I was the only one that owned a pair of boxing gloves in our neighborhood, so my friends and I would box, and I'd wear the left glove and they'd wear the right. We could only block with our un-gloved hand. :):
    I wanted to be a catcher in peewee baseball, yea that didnt work. Then tried first base, yea that didnt work either. The coach in JH put me in as a pitcher, it was all good till I got a lefty at bat. I would bean them. And that was the end of my baseball dreams.
    Tried to be a boxer, ended up being a brawler. Typical jarhead. lol

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    There's a lot of "concealed carry" this, and that out on the market... but nothing beats a good gunbelt, and holster.

Besides, last thing on God's green earth I wanna be seen in public wearing (besides drag) is a damn hoodie.
    Every single description of a shooter ever put out on the police band has "hoodie" somewhere in it.

Top Bottom