• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • exphys2010

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2012
    Sellersburg
    Does anyone happen to know for sure whether or not it is now legal to carry a handgun in Indiana State parks, particularly Brown County State Park? If I am not mistaken a law was passed over a year ago that states that individuals with a Handgun Permit can legally carry in National and State parks, but I cannot find the actual statement anywhere online. If anyone could help clarify this for me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    It was a a DNR RULE in the past. They changed the rule, and LTCH holders can carry their handgun the same on DNR property as anywhere else. Long guns are still restricted.

Watch out for Army Corp. of Engineer's property (many reservoirs). Still off-limits by ACoE rules.

Here is the current rule:
    DNR: Rules and Regulations

exphys2010

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2012
    Sellersburg
    eldirector, thanks for the reply. That helped out a lot. I do not believe that Brown County State Park is ACoE, but I will double check just to make sure. Thanks again.

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    We were there this past week, and my wife CC'd. The map you get at the gate stated that guns were verboten unless you were lawfully carrying a handgun for personal protection. You will be ok.

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    It was a a DNR RULE in the past. They changed the rule, and LTCH holders can carry their handgun the same on DNR property as anywhere else. Long guns are still restricted.

Watch out for Army Corp. of Engineer's property (many reservoirs). Still off-limits by ACoE rules.

Here is the current rule:
    DNR: Rules and Regulations

OK.....so WHO gets to arrest you for violating ACE rules? And since when are ACE rules enforceable by anyone other than Military Police?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Top Bottom