• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Hey everyone! Im currently waiting for my LTCH. And I am set on buying a HK USP Compact. Now Im pretty thin. Im about 5' 11" and 125lbs. Does anyone have any advice (besides eating lots of food lol) about how I would be able to IWB carry? And what are some good holsters that would work for someone my size? Please help if you can

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Hey everyone! Im currently waiting for my LTCH. And I am set on buying a HK USP Compact. Now Im pretty thin. Im about 5' 11" and 125lbs. Does anyone have any advice (besides eating lots of food lol) about how I would be able to IWB carry? And what are some good holsters that would work for someone my size? Please help if you can

For staters, I'm 5'11" and 145 lbs, and I usually carry the HK USP compact (for deeper concealment, I'll carry the Ruger LCP in the front right pocket in a Desantis Nemesis) in a Raven Concealment rig OWB with a cover garment. However, I do have the Comp-Tac IWB Minotaur MTAC and it is VERY comfortable.

I suggest checking out the MTAC and reading reviews about it. I was very impressed with the comfort, fit & finish, and price.

spoke78

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Hancock County
    When I started carrying I was much thinner. I was very comfortable with my glock 26 or 19 in a Galco inside the waist leather holster. I carried at 1 oclock and an untucked shirt or sweatshirt ussually covered well. :twocents: Good luck

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010

k_-ctMBzyf6dn3Jn2SF74vmX9DhzfAky5OsXr8I7c8djRCEGC-hl-APvCTvRgKJ8ilv6q-2VP0xOq9394oMZ14heg_3kB-AcTy4g2eyiNqe-x21VwUbhB_JPaPMo1W8wqSS1N4uFyEiawgpB8FF1aqO0x4sYpcTi418ukOqCOUEhoiJaujk

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    i am thin & have no problems CC..
    your best bet is a tuckable IWB with a forward tilt.. that will reduce the print of the gun butt. carry at 4 or 5 o'clock, behind the hip.. so the gun is better hidden by the width of your body.
    light jackets when appropriate help.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Thanks for the replies. I have looked into Crossbreed and just checked out the MTAC. Can anyone comment on which one would be better for concealment or is it just personal preference?

Also note: I am willing to sacrifice a little comfort for more concealment if that helps. And I cant open carry because I work with kids/youth and that probably wouldnt settle with their parents lol

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Thanks for the replies. I have looked into Crossbreed and just checked out the MTAC. Can anyone comment on which one would be better for concealment or is it just personal preference?

Also note: I am willing to sacrifice a little comfort for more concealment if that helps. And I cant open carry because I work with kids/youth and that probably wouldnt settle with their parents lol

IMO, both of those holsters are very similar in design. As for concealment, as others have suggested, carrying at the 4:00 or 5:00 position would be most advantageous for you. At the end of the day, most who have searched for the perfect holster have a drawer full of holsters which didn't work for whatever reason. Hopefully your drawer will be less full than others! :D

As for working with kids/youth, ensure you are not in voilation of the state statutes about licensed child care providers being a prohibited carry zone...but I'm sure you're aware of it.

PeterJLH09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm 6'2" and about 170 dripping wet, pretty thin. I CC every day with a Crossbreed SuperTuck. I was carrying a full sized Glock 22, with almost no print, At the 4 or 5 o'clock position, just as you have been advised. I personally have never used, or seen any other IWB holster more comfortable, and more concealing. The key though is what works best for you. Find out if someone in your area has either one, they probably would let you at least put it on to try. See if they're comfortable, and conceal sufficiently. Proper dress is also a must. If you're accustomed to wearing more fitted clothing, you might wanna reconsider the weapon, and mode of carry. There's nothing wrong with a nice LCP or Kel Tech in a pocket holster. If baggy is a norm, you'll have absolutely no problem. My EDC is a Glock 23. Almost no print when IWB.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Go with a really compact and most of all thin gun.
    The HK "compact" has nothing compact, its a full size pistol marketed for concealed carry so they added the word "compact" in the name.

BearArms Jim

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Edbean, that is exactly how i carry me g-23 and i conceal it wonderfully. I've found i like 1a plain ol Uncle Mikes inside the pant holster

GTM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    Bloomington +/- 20 miles

Either Crossbreed or MTAC will work. I personally have two Crossbreeds and love them. In general a quality hybrid leather/kydex holster would work well, assuming you increase your pants size by an inch or two and have a quality belt, not a Wallyworld cheapy.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Ok, so I got my USPc ordered from Gunbroker. So a smaller gun is out of the question. At least for now. I thank all of you for the replies. Im going to go with a Crossbreed. In a couple weeks or so I will update and let you all know how it works.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I used a Walther PPS in a MTAC with great success. I felt undergunned though and went to a G19 in a MTAC and all is well. No one will know you are carrying and you will be super comfy!

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    while I am a little bigger, I highly suggest the MTAC. Fit and finish are awesome. If you wear an untucked shirt the crossbread will work, however if you tuck you shirt, the clips would stand out horribly.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Ok I got my gun and holster. It feels pretty comfortable and conceals quite well. Thank you all for the support. Can anyone recommend a nice gun belt?

Top Bottom