• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blainepoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 25, 2008
    Hamiltonian
    HEY JUST PASSING ON SOME INFO. I THOUGH EVERYONE SHOULD READ THIS. or do you know everything and you don't need any more info.

Bad form. If you want to discuss something unrelated to the current post either create a new thread or find one applicable.

Thread jacking and mud-slinging are both unnecessary. There are other posts that discuss OC vs CC where you can chime in.

It's forum etiquette and it's not difficult.

SBG40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    INDIANAPOLIS, IN.
    OK HERE WE GO, well first, not to sit on your head and **** on it , i was just looking at the speed inwhich you were drawing your weapon, and if that is as fast as you can draw WELL , lucky you, " YOU FIGHT LIKE YOU TRAIN SO TRAIN LIKE YOU FIGHT", i was just trying to offer up some info.

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    OK HERE WE GO...

Why are we going anywhere?:dunno: I was enjoying the original topic. I'm sure your post was a good find (Perused it briefly) but I can't find how it links to the topic of discussion. Nor, unless I missed one, does the contents of Mr. Williams' youtube channel seem to relate to pulling a weapon against a live, hostile target.

Please, continue along the original purpose of the thread. I may learn something from someone else's experiences.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Out once and it was a Rotweiler.

I did not have to shoot. A Buick Park Avenue hit the dog as it crossed the road to bite me.

A Buick has a lot more stopping power than my Glock 23.:D

Last edited:

41mag

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Carmel
    I have carried about 14yrs and never had to use or draw my pistol but have been in some uneasy situations where i was very happy to have the option if needed.Besides that my youngest daughter [16] has told me many times how much safer she feel knowing that i carry,that a lone is reason enough for me.

Bull13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hamilton Cty
    Only once. I was witnessing two friends fighting over something pretty stupid in hind site, but when one friends wife got in between the two to brake it up she got assaulted. Things were pretty tense. Then the guy doing the girl slapping, was obviously out of control and started in on the husband of said wife. Anyway, I pulled and he started for me. I was a lot younger then, and like I said he WAS my "friend". I retreated to the front yard from the kitchen,(where this was all taking place), the hot head was coming out the door after me. I turned and shot at the ground next to him. He settled down a bit, but only because he new me. I then was back handed two or three times around the yard. I learned a valuable lesson that day. If I pull, it will have to be for a better reason than that days events. And I have trained myself to shot to kill, if I access threat to my well being.

In private the husband, or guy that was catching the punches told me, he appreciated that I stood up for him and his wife, and was looking for my 30/30 while I was getting B slapped. He wasn't sure I was going to make it. I'm glad I had it locked up. That day could have ended very badly.

Last edited:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Only once. I was witnessing two friends fighting over something pretty stupid in hind site, but when one friends wife got in between the two to brake it up she got assaulted. Things were pretty tense. Then the guy doing the girl slapping, was obviously out of control and started in on the husband of said wife. Anyway, I pulled and he started for me. I was a lot younger then, and like I said he WAS my "friend". I retreated to the front yard from the kitchen,(where this was all taking place), the hot head was coming out the door after me. I turned and shot at the ground next to him. He settled down a bit, but only because he new me. I then was back handed two or three times around the yard. I learned a valuable lesson that day. If I pull, it will have to be for a better reason than that days events. And I have trained myself to shot to kill, if I access threat to my well being.

In private the husband, or guy that was catching the punches told me, he appreciated that I stood up for him and his wife, and was looking for my 30/30 while I was getting B slapped. He wasn't sure I was going to make it. I'm glad I had it locked up. That day could have ended very badly.

:popcorn:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I've only carried about a year. Hope I'll never have to pull it! Hope I'll never have to pull the trigger! BUT, now I have another option.

Holy Thread resurrection Batman, 1 year old thread from the dead.
    batman.gif

I've pulled mine once, not for protection, it was to put a deer out of it's misery after getting hit by a car in front of me.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    This doesn't really fit into "Concealed Carry Question" since I was OC'ing. But I had to draw once. I was horseback riding with mom and g/f. Three rotweilers attacked us. The horses freaked. I got bucked off. I fired into the ground to scare them off.

This was the first time I had decided to carry while riding. Lesson learned.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I pulled once, it was at my parents house, they decided to adopt a junk yard dog (seriously) this dog is known to be aggressive, I wasn't paying attention and was walking across their back yard, the dog was tied up on a long chain, it came after me at a full run and I didn't even have time to draw and shoot over my shoulder as I was at a full sprint, it would have took me down before I cleared my holster, just as it jumped to bite me it ran out of chain, thank god because it would have had me. I drew and started pulling the trigger and settled down and let it go, I was shaking and PO'ed for a good hour, I don't know what stopped me from popping it. It has since jumped on my step dad and popped his arm out of socket and just two weeks ago it bit his leg so hard that the hospital thought he would have to have it operated.

I wish I would have shot it, my grand mother even asked me to shoot it the next time I am there, I am worried sick it will bite one of my nieces or nephews. God forbid it bit someone and hurt them and my folks lost everything, what are they thinking???

I was open carrying a fullsize .40 M+P in a blackhawk paddle holster, very fast draw, just not at a full sprint, makes you realize just how fast it can all go down.

Nsw550

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Zionsville
    Sounds like a very dangerous dog for your family. Maybe the dog whisperer can help, but I would put it down if it ever bit one of my own family members that bad.

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    I have carried about 14yrs and never had to use or draw my pistol but have been in some uneasy situations where i was very happy to have the option if needed.Besides that my youngest daughter [16] has told me many times how much safer she feel knowing that i carry,that a lone is reason enough for me.

This! I carry not because I need to but because I have to. I have too much to guard and they need to know that nothing is more precious than they.

Buckaroo

closer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    indy
    Carried for a long time but never had to draw down on anybody. Usually just the sight of it will deter any morons you come across. Cowards don't like when they don't have the 'advantage.'

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I say carry how you feel comfortable. I do not think just because you OC, you are more likely to be a target. Or have someone try and grab your gun. At the same time I do not think CC, makes you more of a target by not displaying that you are carrying. Or by doing so you are not exercising your right. I personaly prefer CC for my own reasons.

Top Bottom