Concealed carry - These Tells Might Be Giving You Away!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    We teach "characteristics of armed persons" to new recruits. A lot of great information to understand what you are seeing. You may notice things but don't have the context to understand what it means.
    Is walking like you have a gimp leg one of them?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    We teach "characteristics of armed persons" to new recruits. A lot of great information to understand what you are seeing. You may notice things but don't have the context to understand what it means.
    Lack of arm-swing?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Yeah, a big tell is the constant "security tap" making sure it's where they tucked it, usually AIWB with no holster.
    Sweatpants/Mexican with a stendo-mag?

Not sure if my clothing choices give me away. Is the "t-shirt tucked in with unbuttoned/untucked (often Hawaiian) shirt that's a size too large" look a giveaway or just age-appropriate? :D

What can I say, I don't dress like a hipster.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County

Not sure if my clothing choices give me away. Is the "t-shirt tucked in with unbuttoned/untucked (often Hawaiian) shirt that's a size too large" look a giveaway or just age-appropriate? :D

Swap Hawaiian shirt for flannel, and that is me 95% of the time.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    To kinda go along with this, watch how other people are looking at other people. Certain guys immediately jump to the top of the rankings for being squared away.
    You don’t have to see my gun, if I’m checking out your waistline (no homo) and then make eye contact after I make you you can know I have one too.
    I went to a bigger church a few times and I know the security team knew not because they could see my gun but because of eye contact.

There’s plenty of ways to communicate it.

Personally I don’t care at all if I’m made.
    The bad guys are too busy fiddling with their mexican carry piece and the sheep will never know even if you tried to show them, and it’s ok for the good guys to all know IMO.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County

Same question. Asking for a friend :shady:

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I know I constantly feel the need to check that my shirt is covering my gun, I'm sure those that care would notice, but the sheep don't... I watch for other armed citizens, and I'm sure I print sometimes, but I don't try to bring attention to myself...I once told my family... "If you see me, I have a gun" They don't ask now....

Top Bottom