• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kevinslaterjr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2018
    South bend
    Somehow I frequently receive emails from them. Most of which are some link to some sort of free survival tool, or book, or whatever thing they are trying to peddle that week.
    These emails generally get deleted, but i happened open one i receive this morning and they are offering a solar charger for your phone, which made me think, "hell this actually may come in handy sometime"
    And of course, they are offering it for free. I know they are going to need personal which i am less than thrilled to oblige.
    I guess my question is, are they legit?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I don't know what the deal is, but I know this:

free+pic.jpg

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Dang! All I got was the offer of a 1.2 million dollar ATM card from the United Bank of Africa.

No, I'm not making that up. Apparently people fall for that crap.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Dang! All I got was the offer of a 1.2 million dollar ATM card from the United Bank of Africa.

No, I'm not making that up. Apparently people fall for that crap.
    That isn't the Nigerian Oil Minister is it? He promised me first.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Nothing is free. There is no free lunch.

At best, you pay an outrageous S&H for a piece of crap device that doesnt work or breaks in 30 days. At worst you get tons more spam and fraudulent charges to your credit card and no actual product delivered.

And I learned an important lesson this Christmas, luckily the good way; When presented with a cool ad, especially on social media, google around for alternate sources. There is a good chance you're gonna get screwed.

I was presented an ad on FB for a really cool tactical spork from Ka-bar. (spork with a serrated knife that fits in the handle) Only $19.99 from a tactical t shirt company. Knowing that brand makes some good gear, that didnt seem too bad for a quality utensil. And at a killer deal too, normally $40. (yeah right)

I almost bought one. But I googled it first. This is what I found.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=tactical+spork

Not such a good deal after all since I could find them back then for about $8 prime each, or 2 for $12.

Always shop around; what is presented to you is usually not the cheapest option.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Yeah, Nigeria. Rev. Somebody-or-other, ATM Dept. Director. The UBoA ran another scam a while back targeting people who had been previously scammed. They promised to recover the lost money. :ugh:
    Why not? If you have already shown you are an easy mark, may as well try it again.

Top Bottom