• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I saw this today and was VERY interested. Would be a good way to set up a temp structure while building a house at a BOL, then turn around and make this storage.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    They didn't say what that huge pile of fabric weighed prior to adding the water.
    That technology was much more practical than I was anticipating when I opened this thread!

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Actually, it wouldn't be bad with some blow on foam insulation, a heating/cooling plant, and some ventilation. Even without insulation, fireproof would be a plus for using wood to heat, and setting up some sort of air circulation for cooling wouldn't be too hard either.

052.5GT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Columbus
    I am on the same page as diablo, this is pretty impressive. Whats the cost, and where can I get one. Can I put it in the back of my pickup for transport?

052.5GT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Columbus
    there you go, 500lb dry, 2100 bucks.

needs 32 gallons of water.

I think the "complaints" are limited, and just trying to poke holes in it. I havent seen a place on earth that cant be air dropped to. Two of these with 2 barrels of water, and you are instantly helping people.

Personally I would want it to be able to put up on my large second property so I dont have to stay in a real tent while we are deciding where and what type of house on it. also, the color and shape of it could help blend in. Originally we were just going to do a pole barn or roof at least over an RV for temp shelter on that property.

Yoder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Owen County
    The big advantage I see over a form and shotcrete, or over any other construction technique I know of, is time.

For my purpose a box truck could drop 2 of the things next to my barn and I could have them ready for use the next day. With just a tractor a water barrel and a couple electric leaf blowers. Probably could do three or four of them and if they really are $2100 I may well do that. I have a request in to them because I figure that double door alone would run close to that, but we will see.

11-B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Amazing, still soo many questions the video didn't answer. Whats it weight packed? What does it cost? Where can i get one?

Got this email from the company that makes this

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for contacting Concrete Canvas Ltd. and for your interest in our Concrete Canvas Shelters (CCS). A brochure containing CCS dimensions, key facts and deployment instructions can be downloaded from our website at http://www.concretecanvas.co.uk/Docs/CCS_Civil_Brochure_UK.pdf

CCS are fabricated using Concrete Canvas, a flexible cement impregnated fabric that hardens on hydration to form a durable, water and fire proof concrete layer. Videos of CCS deployments and Concrete Canvas installations can be seen on our YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/concretecanvaspg

Concrete Canvas Shelters cost between $20,000 and $30,000 each EXW and are primarily sold to the military sector. CCS are available in two sizes, CCS25 and CCS50 as described on our website. We do not produce CCS in any other sizes.

The pricing represents a fully erected building, as little or no ground preparation is required. Each CCS is provided with an inflator unit and ground pegs for installation. No skilled builders are required, you just inflate, peg and spray with water. The shelters can be ready to use within 24 hours, are designed to last for 20+ years, to resist 200ft/s winds and are safer than conventional buildings in an earthquake. The insulation of a CCS can be improved by covering in earth or if required, we can incorporate an insulating liner at the fabrication stage.

Please contact our exclusive US shelter distributor Cave Systems at cave@concretecanvas.co.uk for ordering information. We are not seeking any further representation/dealerships for CCS at this stage.

Thanks again,

The Concrete Canvas Team

(Please do not reply to this email. This is an automated response and any queries should be directed to cave@concretecanvas.co.uk )

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    The 20K or 30K doesn't sound that bad for the big one. What would a comparable wood or steel structure cost?

It's basically a concrete Quonset hut. It's been a while since I quoted metal Quonset huts but for the size I see in this video it would be a lot cheaper with the metal and the height of the concrete tent roof is low enough were one person could install the hut alone. I for one was very disappointed to see this clearly priced outside of the civ market.

Top Bottom