• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Yes this is one more confession installment. Same rules as last time. :)

There is such a stigma to admitting to participating in online dating that it is almost comical to mention doing it.

My main reason to try it is because I don't I have lots of time or opportunities to meet new people. If I had the time to do what I enjoy doing, I wouldn't be online talking about doing it. LOL

The thing is, I am looking for much more than a warm body. I am looking for a specific kind of friend. I get plenty of offers of warm bodies in the real world, but I want more. By advertising for exactly what I want I have a better chance of finding it. I want my very own wonderful and special friend. Whether or not we are ever lovers doesn't matter. Maybe he will fill a brotherly role or maybe he will be my next great love affair. Who knows where it could lead. I just want someone similar to me to share my soul with. Surely there are others out there who think and dream as deeply as I do.

I am not necessarily looking to find my soul mate but I don't want to waste time with someone who does not have the same values or beliefs that I do. I want someone to talk with whose heart is good and pure. I want someone like me to play with. My brain is so bored.

POF allows me to weed out those who are weak of heart. It's just a sorting mechanism. A tool of sorts. It's a posting place. I get to choose who if anyone I respond to.

I have wrestled with the idea of sharing my online profile on INGO for the past few days. I'm kind of embarrassed but at the same time I feel like I am thumbing my nose at the naysayers by sharing. I am sharing to prove that I am not a pathetic, lonely gun girl. I am alone because I chose to be alone, because it is better than being superficial. I would rather actively chose my companion than simply hope for the best. Instead of becoming a hermit like some of my gun friends have succomb to, I prefer to send out a search party for my dear lost prince.

I don't want any of my friends to feel sorry for me. I don't need a date, especially not just any date. I need a special soul to connect with. I am happy with my life but it's always nicer to have friends to share it with.

I am just a simple girl, looking for a single simple boy.

So here goes INGO. Here is my online profile. Who else has the balls to share theirs?

gungirl357 animal, rescue, target, shooting, cooking, gardening

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Good news, (sort of) (one way or the other): I'm taken now, and happily so, but a couple of years ago I would have been all messed up over that profile. You done good. You are a gorgeous woman (please take that in the complementary way I mean it) with an impressive character, and I'd have been honored to treat you the way you deserve. Please don't settle for anything less in your life; it's what you deserve and you should accept nothing less. I've learned that the hard way, as have you. I would love to be your friend, anyway. I've rescued a good few cats myself, even held 4 week old kittens in my hands bottle feeding them. I'm a tool guy as well; I measure them by the ton (actually, now I think about it, I mean that literally), so if you have any questions or want any irreverent comments, feel free to hit me up.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    :rolleyes:.......Daaaayyyyyuuuum......'nuther blonde......:ugh:
    :facepalm:

:laugh:

I'm jus' 'Fn with ya, hahahahahahaha!........LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!......:): :laugh: :rofl:

you perty sharp look'n chic......;).....I don' perceive ya have'n a pro'lem.......:):

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I think you will have no shortage of guys telling you that they fit the mold. I hope for your sake that at least a few aren't completely full of :bs:. ;)

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I gave up on the online thing after several scammers and one first date that was bordering on sexual assault. If it's meant to be, it's meant to be. If not, I can live with it (or without it).

Nice profile, though. :yesway:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Your profile was well done, a good mixture of explaining what you want and what you won't tolerate. Avoiding talking about your recent divorce was spot on. I see that in a profile and I immediately pass it by.

You should also try okcupid. I think it's one of the better free/paid sites.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well done profile.
    I wish you all the good that may come from your search.
    Do not be embarrassed. This seems to be the way of the new age. Embrace it and use your mind and heart together in your choices.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I gave up on the online thing after several scammers and one first date that was bordering on sexual assault. If it's meant to be, it's meant to be. If not, I can live with it (or without it).

Nice profile, though. :yesway:

That is the real challenge for women and online dating, hence my advice in the other thread. Aside from the basic safety precautions, it's why I suggest taking the initiative to contact those who interest her since many women only wait to be contacted which means the likelihood of encountering a creep is higher. It may be against the grain for some women to make the first move in any way, but it dramatically increases the success rate.

logain

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    Fishers
    I met my wife on an online site. I will say with the pay sites (match.com, eharmony etc) you get better results and don't have as many bs people to weed through. Just my .02 cents, good luck

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I was single until age 52. I met my wife online. We corresponded on the online dating site for a few months, then switched to email. We wrote to each other every day for two years before we actually met face to face, mostly because she lived 500 miles away. After another 6 years, writing almost every day, we got married. We already knew each other 8 years when we were married. I still have all of those emails, over two thousand emails! Before we met I had given up on ever getting married, but she's wonderful, couldn't be happier. God works in mysterious ways.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Hope runs eternal. Great profile. When it happens, it will be a landslide crossed with the worlds greatest roller coaster. Enjoy!

drop45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    My empire of dirt
    It will never work between us; I like HK you like CZ. Just kidding, nice profile and you're a very nice looking 'chick'. Keep your eyes open and your heart protected the right man for you will come along when you least expect it.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    It will never work between us; I like HK you like CZ. Just kidding, nice profile and you're a very nice looking 'chick'. Keep your eyes open and your heart protected the right man for you will come along when you least expect it.

You crazy NIИ people, I tell you what.

My niece is in Sudafrika with some guy, and I swear if he breaks her heart I'm gonna get a passport just so I can go over there and hunt him down to make him regret it. I'm just like that with my people, and that includes our girl here.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    You crazy NIИ people, I tell you what.

My niece is in Sudafrika with some guy, and I swear if he breaks her heart I'm gonna get a passport just so I can go over there and hunt him down to make him regret it. I'm just like that with my people, and that includes our girl here.

Pick me up 1st, Gungirl is a very close friend of mine :)

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    They say there is somebody for everybody so it will happen in do time.... Good things come to those who wait.... The one you was with, its his loss... The grass isn't always greener on the other side and he will see and then it will be to late, your better off without'm....

Top Bottom