• ...and so much more!
  • edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Back in my single days, I did the online dating thing.

Once I figured out the "formula", pretty much every woman I met in person was at least nice.

I finally ended up re-connecting online with a woman from my past and we got married.

I found the most sincere women were on match.com, a few on yahoo personals, and I had the worst luck with Plenty of Fish (POF) as they seemed to be mostly game players.
    eHarmony was also a total waste of time.

My formula was simple.
    Start out doing a few emails to see if you have anything in common.
    Then if you feel you do, then talk on the phone and get better acquainted.
    If after talking on the phone some you'll soon get a feeling if you "click" to any degree.

If you then feel like a personal meeting is in order, meet in a public place for a coffee, drink, dinner, etc.

Since you're already acquainted some, meeting in person will usually always go well.
    It did for me, and I only met 2 weird ones in 3 years and had a lot of fun.

Also, I found that profiles without pictures were often a sign of somebody not wanting people to know they were on there for some reason.
    Which typically meant they were seeing somebody else, or married, or hiding something, etc.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    And only when you stop trying so hard to find that someone, will they say hello to you. I gave up on finding anyone, I decided to be happy with myself first. A week later I met thw most beautiful woman I've ever seen. And since then, and forever more she will be my everything. I wish you the best with finding your everything.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've found myself wishing for such. I'm so into guns and shooting that finding a woman with similar interests tops my list.

Ah what the heck, I'll post mine: OkCupid | wtburnette / 47 / Indianapolis, Indiana

As to who we end up with.
    When I met my darling wife 34 years ago she was of the mind that Tattoos, Harleys and guns were for criminals. So with that info to work with we have spent a lot of time on Motorcycles, (she has owned her own full size Harley) shooting guns and she has a sweet tattoo of a tiger on her hip.
    Point is, with patience and knowledge peoples attitudes and views can be modified over time. This is not a 1 way street. She has, through her knowledge and understanding changed my attitude and world views for the better.

If you find the person you are dating and feeling out to be un-wavering and holding fast to opinions and views then maybe that is not the one for you.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    You have a great profile! And a very pretty smile!

blushing-smiley-emoticon.gif

TPB04

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2015
    Fishers
    Kudos for putting your soul out there. I hope you find what you want. Carry around one of your range targets to scare and/or impress the next guy you meet!

Top Bottom