• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reedo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Unemployement is still at 7.5 %(depending on which poll you follow). We are on the verge of going over a fiscal cliff-that will affect every single american. The economy is in the tank. And the man in the White House feels that this is a great time to reward those that have gotten us to this point. The arrogance. The man in the white house does not care about this country or the American People.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Unemployement is still at 7.5 %(depending on which poll you follow). We are on the verge of going over a fiscal cliff-that will affect every single american. The economy is in the tank. And the man in the White House feels that this is a great time to reward those that have gotten us to this point. The arrogance. The man in the white house does not care about this country or the American People.

Well duh! If i was Obama and i wanted congress to budge my way on some issues, i'd try to pay em off also

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    The LAST thing they need is a pay raise! They should all be ordered to take pay cuts, IMO. None of them are worth almost a quarter million each.

Reapermaxx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Let them keep there pay raise and then we should change the system to cut off their pay when they leave office. That would be a huge savings for us especially if we could institute term limits on our house and senate which is the type of govt our founding fast herd intended. Course that will never happen because nobody will vote themselves out of a job regardless of the pressure to do so.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    Not surprising. Not warranted.

Did you catch this in the article ... "112th Congress is set to end the session as the most unproductive since the 1940s, with only 219 bills passed by the body becoming law." Since when is productivity based upon how many lousy bills are passed. Smaller, less intrusive government is my preference.

SerereWarrior

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    This news makes me profoundly sad. Our republic was founded on the principal of citizen leaders, not professional politicians.

Serving one's fellow citizens should not be a lucrative position, but one motivated by altruism.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012

You see... by giving Congress a pay raise, they no longer need to worry about the Bush Tax cuts expiring because their new income will balance out their higher tax rate

;)

"Hey Joe... don't worry about those tax hikes. I just submitted to H.R. to give you guys a 10% salary increase.

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    This is just another Unconstitutional executive order by the tryant-in-chief... Oh for everyone's reading pleasure...

Amendment 27

No law varying the compensation for the services of the Senators and Representatives shall take effect until an election of Representatives shall have intervened.

Also isnt it funny that the 27th Amendment was introduced in 1789 and not fully ratified until 1992. Or the longest a Amendment took to get ratified. I guess that Congress didnt like to be told they couldnt vote themselves pay raises at will. I mean until the tyrant-in-chief decided to give them some...

Gunner

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Not surprising. Not warranted.

Did you catch this in the article ... "112th Congress is set to end the session as the most unproductive since the 1940s, with only 219 bills passed by the body becoming law." Since when is productivity based upon how many lousy bills are passed. Smaller, less intrusive government is my preference.

I agree, the laws they pass can hardly be considered productive anyway you look at them. The only thing our government has produced is debt.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    US Congressional pay raise is $900 a year. VP pay raise is $900 a year.

US Military is getting a MEASELY 1.7% pay raise in 2013.

Congress is overpaid and needs a paycut.

Top Bottom