• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pierce195

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    New Castle
    More wasted money, no suprise. What will it take for us to put "we the people" back into this government. Until the econemy is fix they should be working for $1 a year. Last time I checked their bottom line they were doing far wrose than the big three.

lon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Top, Dead Center
    ...yet the incumbent gets re-elected something like 90% of the time,
    and congress has around a 80+ % dissaproval rate.

Never could figure out what makes a sheep tic...

Windwalker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Sounds like an excellent idea but the majority of the voters failed to do it last election so I don't have much hope.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    More wasted money, no suprise. What will it take for us to put "we the people" back into this government. Until the econemy is fix they should be working for $1 a year. Last time I checked their bottom line they were doing far wrose than the big three.

You are correct! I could not help but thinking that congress was the last group to lecture the Big Three about a business plan.

I decided before the last election day that I am no longer voting for any incumbent.

700 billion bailout, congressional raise, what happened to the two minutes of talk about main street?

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    You are correct! I could not help but thinking that congress was the last group to lecture the Big Three about a business plan.

I decided before the last election day that I am no longer voting for any incumbent.

700 billion bailout, congressional raise, what happened to the two minutes of talk about main street?

Congress has a very successful Business Plan. It sees to be working for them and it's fairly simple, Vote Pork, Take Lobbying Money, Tax & Spend and Raise your salary every chance you get :xmad:

Term Limits :patriot:

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Congress supports raise for Congress
    Well, Congress is clearly done trying to impress us.
    A crumbling economy, more than 2 million constituents who have lost their jobs this year, and congressional demands of CEOs to work for free did not convince lawmakers to freeze their own pay.
    Instead, they will get a $4,700 pay increase, amounting to an additional $2.5 million that taxpayers will spend on congressional salaries, and watchdog groups are not happy about it.
    “As lawmakers make a big show of forcing auto executives to accept just $1 a year in salary, they are quietly raiding the vault for their own personal gain,” said Daniel O’Connell, chairman of The Senior Citizens League (TSCL), a non-partisan group. “This money would be much better spent helping the millions of seniors who are living below the poverty line and struggling to keep their heat on this winter.” — The Hill
    Is it any wonder that this Congress is the least popular in the history of Congress? It would have been a shameless pander to vote against their raise, sure, but at least they would have appeared to have some concern for what the rest of the country is experiencing.

10ring

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Classified
    ...yet the incumbent gets re-elected something like 90% of the time

That has a lot to do with gerrymandering.

These a-holes get themselves setup in a gerrymandered district where they are nearly guaranteed reelection unless they die or do something so bad they can't spin their way out of it.

Top Bottom