• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    from loud television commercials. Really? As if there isn't a mute button on the remote control?

Congress Targets Loud Ads
    In*tro*duced: 6,585 bills have been in*tro*duced and are await*ing a com*mit*tee rec*om*men*da*tion be*fore being con*sid*ered by the House or Sen*ate as a whole.

Source GovTrack Inside

by the way that is 18 bills a day every day of the year. first congress doesn't sit every day second even if they did your telling me they could read each one of these?

I mean how do you even write that many bills never mind read them?

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I'm glad their introducing the bill (not sure it will take them away from the other hard work their doing for us). Yes, my mute button does work on my remote but when I have my volume set for what I WANT then why should I have to reset it or mute it cause a ****ing commercial comes on blaring in my home. :n00b:

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    I'm glad their introducing the bill (not sure it will take them away from the other hard work their doing for us). Yes, my mute button does work on my remote but when I have my volume set for what I WANT then why should I have to reset it or mute it cause a ****ing commercial comes on blaring in my home. :n00b:
    I agree with you. Although, I don't know that it's something the goverment needs to stick it's nose in. Unlike baseball...... :n00b:

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I agree with you. Although, I don't know that it's something the goverment needs to stick it's nose in. Unlike baseball...... :n00b:

BINGO! We have a winner. I like the idea....none of the govt's business! Just one more place they don't need to be and will cause us heartache further down the road, no question.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    If anybody thinks for one second that this congress gives a crap about you, please stop deluding yourselves. They only care about obtaining and consolidating power. It doesn't matter if it is your health care or your TV, they need to leave it be. It is not their duty to regulate everything, and is not in the best interest of America.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    I think this was passed unanimously in both houses, so Congress is capable of making unilateral decisions.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    I would be surprised if somebody like Ron Paul would vote for this.
    SURPRISE! - According to his website and Facebook page, Ron Paul not only voted for it, but endorsed the measure.

EDIT: Actually I was a bit surprised myself.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom