• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I've been hearing a lot lately on the news about congress' terrible approval ratings. Funny, I wasn't hearing it a couple years ago when the Dems were in charge and they had a 14% approval rating. Matter of fact, there hasn't been a month with an approval rating over 50% in nearly a decade (2003).

First: How the country feels about Boehner/Reid is irrelevant. They are voted in by their locale. So pointing out that the country hates them more than the president is irrelevant.

Second: How the country feels about congress in general is irrelevant. If a district/state likes their rep, they will continue to vote for them (not to mention the districts are designed to keep them in power for fear of "the other guy").

Third: I freaking hate the double standard on reporting this. I know I can't do anything about it, but it frustrates the poo outta me. If we're going to report every day how much less people like the republican congress compared to the democrat president, where oh where were they when people hated the democrat congress twice as much as they did the republican president. I'm not taking a side on the respective policies, I'm taking the side against the biased media machine.

I'll post the averages polls, I assume everyone can find the latest news story blaming the current congress for everything ;)

Congress and the Public

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Our congress 50 years ago were rats, now they are turd sucking rats. All of the polls and news accounts of how pissed off people are are worthless. It will continue until people change the way they vote.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    I've been hearing a lot lately on the news about congress' terrible approval ratings. Funny, I wasn't hearing it a couple years ago when the Dems were in charge and they had a 14% approval rating. Matter of fact, there hasn't been a month with an approval rating over 50% in nearly a decade (2003).

First: How the country feels about Boehner/Reid is irrelevant. They are voted in by their locale. So pointing out that the country hates them more than the president is irrelevant.

Second: How the country feels about congress in general is irrelevant. If a district/state likes their rep, they will continue to vote for them (not to mention the districts are designed to keep them in power for fear of "the other guy").

Third: I freaking hate the double standard on reporting this. I know I can't do anything about it, but it frustrates the poo outta me. If we're going to report every day how much less people like the republican congress compared to the democrat president, where oh where were they when people hated the democrat congress twice as much as they did the republican president. I'm not taking a side on the respective policies, I'm taking the side against the biased media machine.

I'll post the averages polls, I assume everyone can find the latest news story blaming the current congress for everything ;)

Congress and the Public
    :dunno: It's been no secret that voters have been unhappy with both parties in Congress for several years.

Top Bottom