• ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    If I was to write what I really thought about this proposed legislation I would be banned nine ways to Sunday from this board and never ever be let back in.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This reminds me of when Mas Ayoob was trying to get all gun owners behind legislation to allow police and retired police to carry nationwide. He specifically emphasized that if "we" helped them get nationwide carry, they in turn would do the same for us. That was years before it was a reality, but the crickets are chirping on his follow-up.

Like the rest of us, I think members of congress should have no legal impediment to carrying anywhere they want to go, but only because all of us should live without those restrictions ans fear of legal repercussions. If they want to carry, they need to remove restrictions on every adult who has not demonstrated they can't be trusted with a gun. That would solve their problem and ours.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Even the best of them has the "big me little you" mentality. Their ignorance is compounded by thinking that being armed automatically makes them able to defend themselves. Again the typical mentality that doesn't just afflict politicians, being armed only solves half the problem..... They won't have any idea how unprepared they are until they try to use the pistol they legislate into their pocket.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer
    [FONT=&amp]“[/FONT]Safety is not something that you hold in your hands, it happens between your ears”
    Col. Jeff Cooper

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Constitution says "right of the people", not "right of the Congressmen". Disappointing. These people should see this as a signal to promote nationwide Constitution carry period.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Seems to me someone should be pushing national reciprocity - that fixes this problem and ours. There was the story about one aid (from Alabama? Georgia?) that had a clear shot at the shooter early on, but couldn't because he wasn't carrying, because his license/permit from his home state isn't good in DC...

10mmMarc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 16, 2015
    Greenwood
    why is it just the lawmakers ?
    why not write a national carry bill that applies to everyone, no license required, constitutional carry the way it was meant to be ?
    LEO doesn't need a LTCH
    Prosecutors and deputy prosecutors don't need LTCH
    Judges don't need LTCH
    so it doesn't surprise me they want in on that deal too.
    but we the people are second class citizens and rules only apply to us

2500ekW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Zionsville
    Call his office like I did. Tell him that politician's lives are not more important than average citizens, and by pursuing this instead of national reciprocity, it proves that they think they are better than everyone else.

Mo Brooks' DC Office
    Phone: (202) 225-4801

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    This guy has it right.
    "...Rep. Massie said in a statement. "Our reaction should instead be to protect the right of all citizens guaranteed in the Constitution: the right to self-defense. I do not want to extend a special privilege to politicians, because the right to keep and bear arms is not a privilege, it is a God-given right protected by our Constitution."

Republicans Introduce New Gun-Carry Legislation in Wake of Alexandria Attack

Ddillard

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    The elitist believes they are above reproach. The everyday citizen is considered to be dependent upon their being the only capable body. The crap that flows from the "shining city on the hill", is convoluted and agendaized.

RiNo6589

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2017
    Northeast indiana
    I respectfully disagree. I honestly believe liberals think gun control would be safer and is not related to the government becoming oppressive.

I can attest to this. My Brother in law is pretty hard left, and he just doesn't think the general populous can be trusted with guns. He thinks it would be better if the system was more scrupulous about gun purchases as a whole.

Last edited:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I can attest to this. My Brother in law is pretty hard left, and he just doesn't think the general populous can be trusted with guns. He thinks it would be better if the system was more scrupulous about gun purchases as a whole.

It's a free country. Your BIL is free to leave his personal safety up to someone else. Free to make poor decisions.

Pity da fool. To quote Mr. T

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Used properly, this could benefit everyone. As Kirk so often says, the way to defeat a bad law is to riddle it with exceptions.

Law: No one may carry a gun in DC.
    Except police. And judges. And prosecutors. And city officials. And congress-critters. And firefighters. And EMS personnel. And delivery drivers (UPS/FedEx). And... and... and... and soon, the only prohibited people are former felons and little Mrs. Mcgillicutty in the corner store, because that's also the post office.

Note that I said "properly used", however.

I'm under no illusion that it will be so used, even if it passes. As the good rhino pointed out, Mas Ayoob's crickets are still chirping.

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This guy has it right.
    "...Rep. Massie said in a statement. "Our reaction should instead be to protect the right of all citizens guaranteed in the Constitution: the right to self-defense. I do not want to extend a special privilege to politicians, because the right to keep and bear arms is not a privilege, it is a God-given right protected by our Constitution."

Republicans Introduce New Gun-Carry Legislation in Wake of Alexandria Attack

I just heard about this on the radio today. I like Massie.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I respectfully disagree. I honestly believe liberals think gun control would be safer and is not related to the government becoming oppressive.
    It depends on which "liberals" you're talking about. The useful idiots who support public disarmament? Yes, they're stupid enough to believe that. The politicians pushing "gun control" are interested in people control

JoeG1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2016
    Greenwood
    I say whats good for the goose is good for the gander. They will do what they want, the argument they will use is that their occupation puts them at a greater danger than the rest of the public.

Top Bottom