• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Since we know hammers kill more people than rifles, I want anyone caught leaving a hammer in their car prosecuted and all their other hammers... and other hand tools confiscated. Owning hammers is a serious responsibility.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Since we know hammers kill more people than rifles, I want anyone caught leaving a hammer in their car prosecuted and all their other hammers... and other hand tools confiscated. Owning hammers is a serious responsibility.

CM would fight tooth and nail against that one.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    So does that state have a law that all guns in home must be locked up & secured? That would be a tough one for me to follow. I go to range almost daily, when arriving back home I often just bring my gear in and deal with it the next day.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    So does that state have a law that all guns in home must be locked up & secured? That would be a tough one for me to follow. I go to range almost daily, when arriving back home I often just bring my gear in and deal with it the next day.

CT does have a 'safe storage' law, it used to just pertain to loaded guns but they changed it recently at the same time they did the car storage stuff being talked about. It seems to hinge on the fact if you have anyone under 18 in the home or who otherwise can't have access to firearms or is known to be a danger to themselves or others etc. Another law named after someone which seldom turn out to be any good.

"The new measure, Ethan’s Law, requires gun owners to store firearms, whether they are loaded or unloaded, in a securely locked container, if a person under the age of 18 is likely to gain access to the weapon without permission. The prior law applied only to loaded weapons likely accessible to minors under the age of 16."

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    There were a slew of "safe storage" bills filed during the Indiana General Assembly's last session, but none of them received a committee hearing, let alone made it to the floor of either chamber for a vote, along with the many universal background check bills.

Safe storage and a duty to report thefts seem to be two of the talismans that the "common sense gun law" people are propounding.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Something something police would never obey unconstitutional laws and take guns without cause.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    https://www.wnd.com/2019/10/elderly...RrUz7USm2ynsv0iD0Ay6jylncxYAiJYkwndpAw3QsBY3U

I know, I know. No one likes the source :blahblah:

Without being charged or convicted of any crime, this Korean War-era Army veteran received a visit from officers who confiscated his personal firearms.As The Martha's Vineyard Times reported: "Asked if he was given a letter or any paperwork for the seizure of his license, Nichols said, 'No he just told me to hand it over so I took it out of my wallet and handed it to him.'
    "Nichols said he has been licensed for firearms since 1958."
    Amazingly, it all appears to be based on a half-heard conversation that was taken out of context.

Top Bottom