Conservative Justices To Rule Against 4th Amendment?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    My JOB is to protect the Constitution. Without my JOB, I am not able to do that as effectively as I am with my JOB. Does that make a lot of sense? I will not leave another officer to enter a residence by themselves if I am told to assist, even if I disagree with the reason they are there. If my supervisor tells me to start confiscating guns, I would not comply as that would not be a lawful order. Read my post before posting another rambling reply. You know nothing about me so referring to me as a Lemming shows a lot more about your character than it does mine.

I was not speaking specifically about you as a Lemming, only most people in the system. They will follow the person in front of them no matter what. And you are correct your job is to protect the Constitution, and if you violate sections of the Constitution because you have been ordered to it doesnt sound to me like you are doing much protecting.

Please understand that I am not trying to be Anti-LEO, only Anti-tyrannical government. And when SCOTUS holds it is ok for a LEO to kick in someones door because they think they smell marijuana, then that is tyrannical, and CANT be allowed to happen.

INGunGuy

HereNthere

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Plainfield
    It certainly looks likely that they'll rule that cops can kick in your doors if they smell what they think is pot or have some reason to believe you might destroy evidence. This is a bad way to rule and is likely to ratchet things up to an unacceptable level. There was an incident not too long ago where cops busted into a mans house thinking they smelled pot and in actuality it was a skunk. We have other instances where cops can't smell a thing. Scalia and his drug war crony's on the court are, as has often been the case with them, further degrading our rights, showing that they're just as bad as their liberal counterparts, only in a different way. They love their enforcers and hate the people. Scalia's shown this many times. He needs to go.

Police can kick down doors in drug searches, some justices say - latimes.com

When will this "war on freedoms..errr, uhh, I mean drugs"...insanity end? For the record: I don't use any drugs, not even pot (okay, I admit that I've probably hit on 3 or 4 joints in the last 20 years), unless you count alcohol as a drug...which I guess it is. I was a conservative all of my life. My first vote for President was for Reagan.

However, as I've gotten older, I've come to realize that the Republicans and Democrats are just two sides of the same coin. They both want to make all of your decisions for you and tell you how to live. The only difference is in what things they would choose for you (e.g. - Republicans want to keep you safe from drugs, gambling, and everything else they consider "sin", and Democrats what to outlaw guns, any form of Christianity and make the world accept every perverted lifestyle possible without "judgment", unless that lifestyle involves the horror of traditional American values).

I say to hell with both of them. How about just getting out of our lives and letting full grown adults make their own decisions about how to live (so long as they aren't hurting anyone else)? That's why I am now a die-hard Libertarian. Yeah, even Libertarians can't agree on what constitutes a perfect government, and they don't seem to be making very much progress in the general elections, but we MUST find ourselves another choice other than these freedom hating Republicrats. /speech

Sorry, but things like this article really just **** me off....I think I need to go to bed...:cool:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom