• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I still do not fully comprehend what drives the Left so batty about conservative women. Is it their looks? Is it because some of them talk like my Aunt Kathy in Minnesota? Is it because they succeed while rejecting the Leftist line that women are helpless victims in need of Big Daddy Government?

First the Left makes fools of themselves over Palin and 1773 and then show their ignorance over Paul Revere. Now the Left does not understand that slavery was attacked since the founding of the country.

The American Spectator : AmSpecBlog : Levin: Stephanopoulos Is Foolish in Lecturing Bachmann#

George Stephanopolous: Flake | Facebook

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Because by and large we are happier and more fulfilled and we don't need some evil male bogeyman to blame. Our success highlights their failures.

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    I still do not fully comprehend what drives the Left so batty about conservative women. Is it their looks? Is it because some of them talk like my Aunt Kathy in Minnesota? Is it because they succeed while rejecting the Leftist line that women are helpless victims in need of Big Daddy Government?

I think it's because they fear the conservative woman more than anything--and maybe just a little more than conservative blacks, latinos, jews and homosexuals. All of these groups are seen as rightly liberal. If the Democrats/Liberals lost the majority of the women's vote, they would be lost. Women have historically voted for the liberal agenda and they are integral to its ongoing success.

If an influential woman has gone off the plantation and come out publicly as a conservative, she can't be allowed respect or to have her credibility intact. Thinking women who have been walking the easy "warm and fuzzy" liberal-think walk might stop and listen and realize that conservative ideas are not evil. Conservative women are really viewed as traitors, so painting them as idiots or demons helps to keep liberal women from listening too much.

Just my :twocents:

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    My big-city liberal sister gets on my conservative wife all the time. "How can you brainwash your children with religious crap like that?" "You are all a bunch of gay-bashing, narrow-minded bigots."

I often sit back and observe who is calling who names. Back when I was growing up, whoever resorted to name-calling first was the loser.

Women are part of the leftist victim hierarchy:
    Minorities (or percieved minorities)
    Gays
    Women
    Non-Christians (especially Muslims)

Women who don't know their place in the victim hierarchy are a danger to the system. When you really get problems is when one favored victim group attacks another (i.e. the female reporter attacked by Muslim men in Egypt). Then you get to watch the liberlal media spin around trying to decide who the bigger victim was.

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Let me ask you this then... Why has the so called "conservative" party failed to recruit and train conservative journalists to take back journalism? If it is so one sided, as you perceive, then why haven't conservatives made a plan to balance journalism out?

Why don't you try to change the journalism game instead of continually crying and complaining about the liberal media boogy man.

The bigger picture...
    The media is there to distract you with this crap. While you're all in a tizzy about trivial issues and believing that there is actually a difference in the Left and Right, they're picking your pocket from behind.

Left and Right only exist as fence posts for sheep.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The bigger picture...
    The media is there to distract you with this crap. While you're all in a tizzy about trivial issues and believing that there is actually a difference in the Left and Right, they're picking your pocket from behind.

Left and Right only exist as fence posts for sheep.

:alright:

I agree with that. While the Right wails about Anthony Weiner's affair... and the Left wails about Sarah Palin quotes... our country is spiraling into a very bad place. And the media watchdogs -- Lefty & Righty -- do their best to keep you distracted with complete and utter bulls***, when they could be waking people up to the tyranny around them.

Left & Right fight back and forth so you don't focus on the real battle: Liberty vs. Statism.

political_quiz.gif

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville

First the Left makes fools of themselves over Palin and 1773 and then show their ignorance over Paul Revere. Now the Left does not understand that slavery was attacked since the founding of the country.

The American Spectator : AmSpecBlog : Levin: Stephanopoulos Is Foolish in Lecturing Bachmann#

George Stephanopolous: Flake | Facebook

Do you really care? :dunno: Why?:dunno:

It's the Left it is not supposed to make sense.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    It's the left that piled on Weiner, not the right.

ElsiePearn has it right. If single women or blacks stop voting overwhelmingly Democrat, they can never again win a national election. Conservative women and blacks must be destroyed. Look at your history. They attack anyone from either group who begins to get a following.

As to the guy upthread who talks about conservative journalists - look at the success of Fox News. The networks won't hire conservatives. The folks who make the decisions don't spring forth from nowhere, they are brought up from the ranks in journalism. They keep their conservatism quiet or they don't advance. Until Fox there was nowhere for them to go.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    It's the left that piled on Weiner, not the right.

ElsiePearn has it right. If single women or blacks stop voting overwhelmingly Democrat, they can never again win a national election. Conservative women and blacks must be destroyed. Look at your history. They attack anyone from either group who begins to get a following.

As to the guy upthread who talks about conservative journalists - look at the success of Fox News. The networks won't hire conservatives. The folks who make the decisions don't spring forth from nowhere, they are brought up from the ranks in journalism. They keep their conservatism quiet or they don't advance. Until Fox there was nowhere for them to go.
    ^^This.
    Journalists are trained in the world of academics or entertainment, which are overwhelmingly left.

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    Left & Right fight back and forth so you don't focus on the real battle: Liberty vs. Statism.

political_quiz.gif

:yesway: to this. I always liked the Nolan Chart as a means to help people shake off the Left-Right dichotomy.

But regarding the topic that Kirk brought up in the OP, I think that only people who truly identify as liberals can be included. Yes, I'm sure a number of them would likely score somewhere else on the chart, if they decided to actually explore it and think about it. But I don't think the ideas of Liberty vs Statism even cross their mind (this I think may be true for a higher number of liberals than conservatives, but I bet not by too much.)

To suggest that they are trying to distract us from the important issues gives them a little too much credit I think. The truth is, they are so dialed into the two party system and us vs them that they don't even know what the real battle is. They'd have to learn how to break out of groupthink and actually use their own reason in order to do that.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    The same thing that drives the right so batty about [STRIKE]women[/STRIKE] people on the left...

...political poisoning...

In the realm of politics, everyone is going to get bashed on - even for minor mistakes.

The concept i find most disturbing in this situation is that people actually care about George Stephanopolous' opinion.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    All the above.:)

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    In general, I think most people are the same when it comes to money. Some just want to spend more than others even if it means taking from someone else to feed their choice spending habits.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What separates this thread from other forms of victim card politics?

In victim card politics the wrongdoers/perps claim victim status to prevent the injured from holding them responsible. I killed my parents but the court should let me walk because I am an orphan.

Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachman were not wrongdoers. They stated history correctly (1773, Paul Revere, Founders fought slavery, etc.) but were wronged by the Media.

Lincoln Said It Best: The Founding Fathers Opposed Slavery | The Weekly Standard

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    In victim card politics the wrongdoers/perps claim victim status to prevent the injured from holding them responsible. I killed my parents but the court should let me walk because I am an orphan.

Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachman were not wrongdoers. They stated history correctly (1773, Paul Revere, Founders fought slavery, etc.) but were wronged by the Media.

Lincoln Said It Best: The Founding Fathers Opposed Slavery | The Weekly Standard

You're not using logic, Kirk.

Ironclad Premise 1: Lincoln was smart.
    Ironclad Premise 2: Lincoln got his history correct.
    Conclusion: Lincoln was correct on purpose.

Ironclad Premise 1: Palin and Bachman are stupid.
    Ironclad Premise 2: Palin and Bachman got their history factually correct.
    Conclusion: Palin and Bachman were correct, but they didn't know they were correct, so therefore they were incorrect even though they were correct.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Well, it is hard to say someone opposes slavery if they themselves own people.... claiming or "feeling" that you oppose something, while your actions agree with the practice, is not truly opposition.

I think we can all name a few founding fathers off the top of our heads that owned slaves....

So even if she can point out a few that opposed slavery, the blanket statement that the founding fathers opposed slavery is not truthful.

As we all know, John Quincy Adams was not a founding father - the "Quincy" part was used to distinguish him from his father John Adams.

Now the media could use this "they do her so wrong because she is a conservative woman!" angle to talk about her policies.... But for some reason it is an open door to bring up the mistakes of other politicians, and argue about why "people hate her so much"...

Politics as usual.... and in general all politicians deal with it (liberal, conservative, women, men, white, purple).

I agree it is ridiculous, and everyone having to put up with that type of political landscape does not make it right.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So even if she can point out a few that opposed slavery, the blanket statement that the founding fathers opposed slavery is not truthful.

Did you not read the Weekly Standard column? It was Lincoln pointing out that the Founders opposed slavery. It is truthful to state that the founding fathers opposed slavery and made a horrific compromise with the Deep South of the Carolinas and Georgia in order to have a Constitution.

Top Bottom