Considering an attempt at some “long” range shooting.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    A service rifle won the 2019 Indiana midrange state championship (300, 500, 600 yards) last September with a 597-27X, lumped in with the bolt guns and higher horsepower calibers. The guy driving it was as surprised as anyone :cool:

psyko

Damned Service Rifle shooters... proudly using grit and anger to ruin otherwise civilized matches since 1884.

-Nate

kmish105

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2019
    laporte
    Awhile back I was considering kinda the same things and staying around the 1000 dollar mark. The rpr is what first had my attention and i was just waiting for a deal anywhere near me because i was set to buy one. I kept looking for any deals and eventually found a bergara hmr in 6.5 instead that really caught my eye. At first i was leaning more towards the 308 round because i dont see myself shooting over 300 yards so as far as i have learned i wouldnt see much of a difference at all. Anyway i bought the bergara 6.5 and just waited and eventually found a nice set of rings and a bushnell forge that i put on it. Honestly im pretty happy with the setup and glad i waited even though i spent more than the 1000 dollars i was trying to stay around. Im a lot more of a recreational shooter at most so i may be looking at it all wrong but thats my opinion atleast.

Top Bottom