• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 13, 2013
    South Side Indy
    I have a Gen 3 Glock 26 that I am thinking/wanting to trade for a 1911. I have enough extras and maybe some cash for about a $900 dollar pistol.
    I've always shot 5in models but I really want a 4in for carry. Oh and 26 has N/S if that means anything

Pros
    It's a 1911!!
    plus I shoot them a lot better.

Cons
    26 is great for CC and wonderful in the summer but I have a UL 38 so I think I can manage.

Really wanting a Kimber or Ruger. saw a Taurus today and it did look sweet but idk much about them.

Thoughts/inputs ??

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    All about what you want. I prefer the 26 but I shoot them better than my 1911s.

What accessories do to have for the 26? What are your wants in a 1911? I'd look at Springfield as well and prefer them over the Ruger. I do like the few Kimbers I've held and shot also.

With the right belt and holster I see no reason why you couldn't carry a 1911 year round unless you are worried about sweat.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    First off, not really sure how much $$ you're thinking you might have to front to get that $900 1911. You're G26 with NS would fetch probably $400 tops. The RIA tactical model has good features for the price point. They are very solid pistol for the money too. If it's your first 1911 then you ought to buy one that is proven to work well. I'd stray away from Kimbers, I've never got one to run correctly out of the box. I'd stray away from Sig 1911's, they are hit and miss with FTF and FTE problems. Ruger 1911's seen to have pretty decent reviews, but I'm not a fan of external extractors on 1911's. Either get the RIA tactical or a Springfield range officer

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I'm assuming he's trading to a dealer for a new gun. Come down to Scottsburg then cause we have used glocks for $450/$475 and they just sit in the case. A dealer will not give you more than 400 for a used glock

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    I'm assuming he's trading to a dealer for a new gun. Come down to Scottsburg then cause we have used glocks for $450/$475 and they just sit in the case. A dealer will not give you more than 400 for a used glock

See I assumed he was talking about private sale lol. But we all know what happens when we assume. And trust me I'm not in disbelief that a used glock would be $450 to $475. It's just very, very rare to see one in good shape go for less than $400.

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    Oh, and to OP. I would definitely do my research on different 1911's so that I knew exactly which one I wanted that way you can focus in on that specific one and the kind of price you'd be expecting to pay for it. That way, when it's time to begin the bartering process, you know exactly how much money you should expect to add on to your trade. But, keep in mind that accessories generally only have nominal trade value in private sales, and basically none in gun shop trade-ins.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Dude that's not even remotely true. I've seen countless glocks sold in INGO classifieds, but i've never seen a stock g26 in decent shape, especially with NS's, go for $400 or less. If I had, I would have jumped all over it.
    Ditto, if you don't jump on it I will. I know the shops don't offer a lot for one and if you are selling rather than trading it's even less. Still, to a buyer, any decent Gen 3 with night sights is worth every ounce of $400 and probably a few pennies more. :)

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III mechanic [FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT]Certified Glock armorer
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] --[/FONT]1911 Mechanic

Top Bottom