• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beardedbrodel

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    West of Indy
    http://www.indystar.com/article/201...dh-wins-prison-prayer-lawsuit-?nclick_check=1

I saw this article this morning and it really pissed me off. The goverment upheld the Constitutional rights of a convict to pray in prison in groups. This man is a convicted terrorist and traitor to his country. His right to pray in groups was removed by prision officials due to safety concerns for corrections staff. Basically, the government will acknowledge the Consitiutional rights of a criminal but wants to take away the 2 ammendment rights of tax paying, law abiding citizens like most of us on the INGO boards. It is pure BS. Yet another reason why I have lost all faith in our government.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So you're wanting.....?

From his post, he wants the government to stop trying to strip his Constitutionally protected Rights under the Second Amendment. He finds it ironic that the same government that is concerned about protecting the rights of an avowed enemy of this country, a murderer of his fellow citizens, acknowledged Islamic terrorist, while at the same time trying to take his rights.

sgtonory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Carmel
    Your rights are not granted to you. So if someone trys to infringe on your rights you can stop. Just because the "government" says you cant do something dose not mean you have to obey.

beardedbrodel

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    West of Indy
    I just find it ironic that the rights if a terrorist were upheld in court whereas there is discussion of taking away or limiting the End amendment rights of law abiding citizens

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    http://www.indystar.com/article/201...dh-wins-prison-prayer-lawsuit-?nclick_check=1

I saw this article this morning and it really pissed me off. The goverment upheld the Constitutional rights of a convict to pray in prison in groups. This man is a convicted terrorist and traitor to his country. His right to pray in groups was removed by prision officials due to safety concerns for corrections staff. Basically, the government will acknowledge the Consitiutional rights of a criminal but wants to take away the 2 ammendment rights of tax paying, law abiding citizens like most of us on the INGO boards. It is pure BS. Yet another reason why I have lost all faith in our government.

Actually it was the GOVERNMENT that "took" the Constitutional rights away from the prisoners and it was the COURTS that corrected it. So far the courts have been siding with the gun owners in recent history, we just need a BIG case to settle some of our pressing issues. What's there to be pissed about? This guy, a lowlife, exercised his rights and the courts agreed with him. Gun owners have been gaining more ground lately than we ever have before. The problem right now is that the laws most gun owners are worried about have yet to written. Soooooo until these laws that we are losing sleep over are actually WRITTEN, there is little recourse.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Actually it was the GOVERNMENT that "took" the Constitutional rights away from the prisoners and it was the COURTS that corrected it. So far the courts have been siding with the gun owners in recent history, we just need a BIG case to settle some of our pressing issues. What's there to be pissed about? This guy, a lowlife, exercised his rights and the courts agreed with him. Gun owners have been gaining more ground lately than we ever have before. The problem right now is that the laws most gun owners are worried about have yet to written. Soooooo until these laws that we are losing sleep over are actually WRITTEN, there is little recourse.

Exactly. One can't get pissed about their rights being infringed, until they are.... infringed.

Nothing wrong with worrying though.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    I might interject that there are already plenty of infringements, which have been painted as minor inconveniences in the necessity of assuaging the irrational fears of hoplophobes.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I shouldn't worry when the men and women of Congress who have repeatedly supported anti-gun legislation not just with their words but with their deeds (translation: their votes) tell me they are going to introduce more bills? There's no danger, no reason to act, until those bills are actually on the floor of Congress?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I shouldn't worry when the men and women of Congress who have repeatedly supported anti-gun legislation not just with their words but with their deeds (translation: their votes) tell me they are going to introduce more bills? There's no danger, no reason to act, until those bills are actually on the floor of Congress?

No. Be vigilant, be informed, be concerned, make your voice be heard. However, there are about a MILLION theories floating around about what Congress and the President MIGHT do and I think, based on posts and responses, that some are shortening their lives with worry. Politicians are GREAT at lip service and CRAPPY at doing what they say. Generally that lack of balls is frowned upon here but for our purposes, spinelessness works in our favor. I still don't see the masses rallying for more gun control, the opposite seems to be true. Unlike 1994, I see a backlash from members of Congress, local and state politicians, and the public with a similar ban now. I think we are seeing lip service at it's finest with little to nothing as a result.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Last time I heard Biden speak on the news was yesterday, and it seemed to me he had toned down his rhetoric several notches since the meetings with the anti-gunners started last week.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    The problem right now is that the laws most gun owners are worried about have yet to written. Soooooo until these laws that we are losing sleep over are actually WRITTEN, there is little recourse.

Second that. We have a checks and balances system in place, and we have processes for resolving political differences. I wouldn't lose sleep or get worked up. But then again, I am not the type to panic buy.

Did you hear we're not building a Death Star? Now that's a program I can get behind!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon

Odumma is stacking the SC with liberals...I am sure he will have the opportunity to add 1 or 2 more during the next 4 years. We have lost the opportunity to vote someone out of office because more people want free stuff than freedom and soon taking something to the SC will be be for nothing unless it is a liberal cause. I to have lost faith in the way our system suppose to work.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Exactly. One can't get pissed about their rights being infringed, until they are.... infringed.

Nothing wrong with worrying though.

But once they are infringed upon a again and you lie down and be good boy and take it...you may never get those rights back.

Top Bottom