• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    ok, i dont understand why people want to do trades only no exceptions?
    why not take the cash i will give you for your item or items and go buy whatever the **** you wanted to trade for instead of waiting for the stars and the moon to align to find that one special buyer that just happens to want what you have and wanna get rid of what they have? unless you think your gonna come out ahead by trading and hoping someone trades you their item for pennies. theres nothing i hate more than seeing something I want to buy and the seller wont take cash for it. yeah its yours to do whatever with but your still nuts
    :xmad: rant off.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I agree. I guess you could do like that guy did with that little old lady and ask for a meet to take a look at it then shove $50 bucks in thier hand and leave with it.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I'd love to see the required price on fs items apply toft items too. If nothing else just to help understand what the seller thinks its worth.
    exactly! its like me putting up a dorito with a jesus face on it and saying "open to trades, no cash price" :n00b:

then some idiot on ebay pays a couple hundred $K for it. tards

how the hell was i supposed to know your dorito chip of jesus is worth $200k? then they are mad cause you offered them a wad of used toilet paper. i wasnt trying to intentionally lowball, i just saw a freaking dorito

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I have two theories, and I've seen both in practice. If someone lists specific trade interests it could be that they don't want to have to drive to meet you, and then drive to meet somone else to make the purchase. It cuts out the middleman if you just trade direct. I've also noticed a lot of folks put very general trade interests. I think some of them do that hoping that they will "trade up" on people who don't really know what things are worth. I've heard from several people that they traded A for B, and then B for C, and then C for D and ended up with a hell of a lot better deal that what they started with. There are a couple of guys I see in the classifieds who do this on a fairly consistent basis. I've found the "trade only" thing to be annoying too, but in the end it's their item and they can do as they please. All they are doing is limiting their customer base, so that's their call to make.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'm always suspicious of people who insist on trades only. I usually figure they're either 1) looking to rip someone off on the value of their gun, or 2) prohibited persons.

Especially when you offer them enough cash to buy what they want anyway.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I too have seen more than a few firearms listed for trade only that I wanted, but had nothing to trade but the dollars burning a hole in my wallet.

That said, it is up to the trader if he/she wants to truly let go of what they are offering in trade.

Just my opinion.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I too have seen more than a few firearms listed for trade only that I wanted, but had nothing to trade but the dollars burning a hole in my wallet.

That said, it is up to the trader if he/she wants to truly let go of what they are offering in trade.

Just my opinion.
    i agree. but they are still tards for not taking cash if offered :):

Top Bottom