• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I bow to your obvious greater intelligence. It is all about inconvenience and my ignorance. .Here's a parting gift.
    http://www.hecweb.org/wp-content/up...ion_State_paid_twice_what_some_I_69_land_.pdf

Go participate in an eminent domain action and see if the landowner ever gets what an appraiser for the state or appraisers not involved in the litigation say property is worth. I don't know much about this project, but one thing I do know- want to make a killing? Own property the state wants before anyone knows the state wants it (maybe even the state).

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    Seems people aren't looking at the complete picture. As stated above what about the people that have farmed this land for 50 years? The farm is gone, the homestead is gone, the small businesses are gone. After the by-passes came through walk down any small town street and look at the stores that used to be, someone worked hard for all this now it is all gone to save someone 15 minutes. Ask these people how they feel. To save some one 15 minutes twice a week we will cost these people that live here their livelihood, yea that sounds good.

You have to multiply that 15 minutes times the number of people who use that road every day, as well as fuel savings, lower death rates with improved safety, etc. The cost to that *someone* is significant, but so is the cost of a life lost on an old road.

Besides, they can just move and find a better job (am I doing it right?). After all, aren't they all boot-strappy enough to get on with their lives?

If the would bring back the railroad look at how many trucks would no longer be on the road, less congestion, the tracks are there.

Ever hear of the "Last Mile" problem? Shipping by rail is one of the most economical, fuel-efficient methods we have to ship. We don't see it because rails don't go through towns anymore. But you still have to get the stuff from the rail to the store. That takes trucks.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    Go participate in an eminent domain action and see if the landowner ever gets what an appraiser for the state or appraisers not involved in the litigation say property is worth. I don't know much about this project, but one thing I do know- want to make a killing? Own property the state wants before anyone knows the state wants it (maybe even the state).

The people I know were given the amount their land was appraised at but they had to fight to get paid. It came down to them almost filling the paperwork to sue and this was after they had left their house. That is pretty ****ty considering the guy in the link was paid way more than his land was worth, got the land returned to him, and got to keep the money paid for the land.

Gary119

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2015
    Southern Indiana
    You have to multiply that 15 minutes times the number of people who use that road every day, as well as fuel savings, lower death rates with improved safety, etc. The cost to that *someone* is significant, but so is the cost of a life lost on an old road.

Besides, they can just move and find a better job (am I doing it right?). After all, aren't they all boot-strappy enough to get on with their lives?

Ever hear of the "Last Mile" problem? Shipping by rail is one of the most economical, fuel-efficient methods we have to ship. We don't see it because rails don't go through towns anymore. But you still have to get the stuff from the rail to the store. That takes trucks.

But you also have to factor in 15+ minutes that it takes all the people that live along the entire route who used to just drive straight to 37 that now have to funnel onto the limited access roads to get to 69. plus fuel, plus more roads to take care of. Speaking of that I'm sure this road will be maintained as well as the other roads in Indiana...Oh wait, please name a road in Indiana that don't need work. Maybe that money could be used to maintain the roads we already have?? Silly me!

Sure. Don't know how old you are but lets say you farm this land. You have done this for say 30 - 40 years. Lets say you have 2-300 acres. 100 head of cattle. House and barn is 3-400 feet away from each other. State doesn't want all your land just a strip down the middle. now your house is on one side, cattle is on the other side, oh you work a day job too. Instead of just walking to the barn now EVERY morning and evening you have to get in your pick up and drive to the road, over the overpass feed your cattle, get back in your truck and return home, before you go to work. No problem when your say 40-50, but how about 50-60? Try it and get back to me. (true story by the way) OR you own a business for 30 years, to young to retire but old enough you don't want to start fresh. Or you live in the house your dad build, you inherited it raised your kids in it and plan to retire in 5-10 years....time to start over. ETC. Now how many people up and down this road does this affect again?

Name a town that doesn't have a Railroad near or that run through them. I can name some that DO. Trucks 1-200 miles vs 5-10 miles?

Last edited:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    for one the I69 DP is building it and will maintain it for 35 years as we pay them 21 milion for the next 35 year and from the beginning everyone knew is was under bid from the start.....but the state took it just to get it done CHEAP!!!

section 4 was built on the cheap the Blackankle bridge is now sinking and the blame game has started down here......state said get it done no matter how many corners you cut....

Klobe Grading and Webber Construction are blaming the state and the state are blaming them.......so you have to slow down to 35mph so you head doesn't bounce off your roof.....

as far as this stupid loud ,polluting waist of money intersate it should have went north on 231 at Crane......it would have cost a thrid less and they wouldn't have to deal with karst/caves.....

i'm a 1/2 miles from it and it sounds like it is on the far side of my 50 arces........INDOT is the worst,lawless noisey neighbor you could have and plus they have killed everyone property values along the interstate......and the rumble strips are nothing more so peple can text and drive!!!......those can be heard over 2 miles from the interstate....

so i dump every dime i have into my place and i can't get what it is worth so could more away from it......been out here 20 years that was one of the most quietest places around now i can't even open my windows on nice cool night because of all the noise!!!!!!

the state should have to pay everyone with in ear shot of it for what there land is worth......

another fun fact they are as i type.....trying for fix a place where a cave is at under the north bound lanes that they spent a million dollar on trying to plug it the first time.....so they are trying again to the tune of a million tax payer money!!!!

so going on 4 years later i'm steal dealing with construction our road get tore up again so they can haul in 15,000 yards of rip rap to stuff in the cave so our ground water will get all the nasty **** from the interstate......

then it will get in our well water then we our ****ed!!!!!

no one gives a **** about anyone in the path just as long as you can save a few mins get some where sooner.....

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The people I know were given the amount their land was appraised at but they had to fight to get paid. It came down to them almost filling the paperwork to sue and this was after they had left their house. That is pretty ****ty considering the guy in the link was paid way more than his land was worth, got the land returned to him, and got to keep the money paid for the land.

I am fairly certain he hired people to challenge the state's appraisal. Do that, or take what they offer.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    for one the I69 DP is building it and will maintain it for 35 years as we pay them 21 milion for the next 35 year and from the beginning everyone knew is was under bid from the start.....but the state took it just to get it done CHEAP!!!

section 4 was built on the cheap the Blackankle bridge is now sinking and the blame game has started down here......state said get it done no matter how many corners you cut....

Klobe Grading and Webber Construction are blaming the state and the state are blaming them.......so you have to slow down to 35mph so you head doesn't bounce off your roof.....

as far as this stupid loud ,polluting waist of money intersate it should have went north on 231 at Crane......it would have cost a thrid less and they wouldn't have to deal with karst/caves.....

i'm a 1/2 miles from it and it sounds like it is on the far side of my 50 arces........INDOT is the worst,lawless noisey neighbor you could have and plus they have killed everyone property values along the interstate......and the rumble strips are nothing more so peple can text and drive!!!......those can be heard over 2 miles from the interstate....

so i dump every dime i have into my place and i can't get what it is worth so could more away from it......been out here 20 years that was one of the most quietest places around now i can't even open my windows on nice cool night because of all the noise!!!!!!

the state should have to pay everyone with in ear shot of it for what there land is worth......

another fun fact they are as i type.....trying for fix a place where a cave is at under the north bound lanes that they spent a million dollar on trying to plug it the first time.....so they are trying again to the tune of a million tax payer money!!!!

so going on 4 years later i'm steal dealing with construction our road get tore up again so they can haul in 15,000 yards of rip rap to stuff in the cave so our ground water will get all the nasty **** from the interstate......

then it will get in our well water then we our ****ed!!!!!

no one gives a **** about anyone in the path just as long as you can save a few mins get some where sooner.....

There is more to it than just that.
    There arr a handful of people getting fat from this. Has to be.

Moparracer89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    NWI
    But you also have to factor in 15+ minutes that it takes all the people that live along the entire route who used to just drive straight to 37 that now have to funnel onto the limited access roads to get to 69. plus fuel, plus more roads to take care of. Speaking of that I'm sure this road will be maintained as well as the other roads in Indiana...Oh wait, please name a road in Indiana that don't need work. Maybe that money could be used to maintain the roads we already have?? Silly me!

Sure. Don't know how old you are but lets say you farm this land. You have done this for say 30 - 40 years. Lets say you have 2-300 acres. 100 head of cattle. House and barn is 3-400 feet away from each other. State doesn't want all your land just a strip down the middle. now your house is on one side, cattle is on the other side, oh you work a day job too. Instead of just walking to the barn now EVERY morning and evening you have to get in your pick up and drive to the road, over the overpass feed your cattle, get back in your truck and return home, before you go to work. No problem when your say 40-50, but how about 50-60? Try it and get back to me. (true story by the way) OR you own a business for 30 years, to young to retire but old enough you don't want to start fresh. Or you live in the house your dad build, you inherited it raised your kids in it and plan to retire in 5-10 years....time to start over. ETC. Now how many people up and down this road does this affect again?

Name a town that doesn't have a Railroad near or that run through them. I can name some that DO. Trucks 1-200 miles vs 5-10 miles?

This is what I was getting at. Their proposed route plows through the middle of the farmers field and cow pasture near me to create the feeder road behind my house. Being delayed and pissed off because of construction traffic doesnt equate to being truly effected to me.

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    When the highway went through green county and destroyed our friends property. They put in the exit right by crane and when they did thay they went away from crane. Which put it through some of the best hunting woods I've ever had. My old tree stand spot is now southbound fast lane. That property was completely lost to the highway. The leftovers weren't even worth the buyback price and 3 houses were lost in that small part of the m property. Then just a bit further north the other farmer who has cows, his property was ripped in half and to make up for it they dump the runoff on the opposite side which is our friends property. Just put in a pond on that side and now the run off had washed out alot of the woods to the point we hare putting in a 20 foot culvert and drain tIles to salvage what we can.

I have nothing personally at stake with this interstate. I see the problems it possesses and the damage and property it has taken and it is sad. But what are you going to do to fight "progress".

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    When the highway went through green county and destroyed our friends property. They put in the exit right by crane and when they did thay they went away from crane. Which put it through some of the best hunting woods I've ever had. My old tree stand spot is now southbound fast lane. That property was completely lost to the highway. The leftovers weren't even worth the buyback price and 3 houses were lost in that small part of the m property. Then just a bit further north the other farmer who has cows, his property was ripped in half and to make up for it they dump the runoff on the opposite side which is our friends property. Just put in a pond on that side and now the run off had washed out alot of the woods to the point we hare putting in a 20 foot culvert and drain tIles to salvage what we can.

I have nothing personally at stake with this interstate. I see the problems it possesses and the damage and property it has taken and it is sad. But what are you going to do to fight "progress".

they plowed it though the biggest private forest in the state......i'm a 1/2 mile from it i could tell some horror story's when they where build it........

here just one.......strom was coming and calling for 4 to 6" of rain.......it rained 5 1/4" that night......that day before i told them to get their toy's out of the sand box or they will be under water......

they said they knew what they where doing and the they throw a 1/2 hp sump pump in a 200ft x 200ft x 45ft with a 2.5 million dollar drill in the deep hole and started a 3500 watt gen and went home.....

next morning things looked like this........

2uqdgyr.jpg

they white boom you see is the drill the rest is under water.....it held 400 gallons of hydro fluid and 6 gallons of oil.......+ anti-freeze and battery acid.....

they came out with a 6" pump and pumped it all in the Dry Branch creek then it went to Plummer creek then to the White river......

EPA or IDEM never showed up and no containment ponds where dug or anything.........i asked a INDOT engineer why they have the right to poison the creek and his answer was because we can!!!!

this is just one story of the lawlessness INDOT did down here building I69....

here is a pic of the drill....

piling-machine-jintai-sh36.jpg

Last edited:

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    That picture kind of looks like when they built the new bridge at Newberry. I miss the old metal bridge. I did see it blown up which was kinda cool.

But yes I have seen the destruction. They would rather run it through private citizens woods then crane which government already owns.

Top Bottom