• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    When implementing a tyranny the rulers need to be sure that no self defense of any kind be allowed. I heard that many of the establishments are run by Asians who are already packing their bags.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Take down the glass and put up a "No Weapons" sign. Problem solved.

I am offended by the circle with a slash over my Beretta 92, therefore they too should be taken down.

:D :D :D :D :D

My daughter, a brain scientist once remarked about the level of stupidity of people. People like the one sponsoring this bill keep her and her colleagues in business.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    FTA:

"She says she wants to put some controls on these small stores that, from her point of view, sell booze, very little food and are a source of trouble for her district."

That statement tells me she doesnt want the trouble in her neighborhood. So she is doing the typical liberal Democrat tactic and undercutting the business because she doesnt have the power to directly shut them down.

She wants to make it so painful to operate that they either throw in the towel and shut down voluntarily, or are quite literally destroyed. (hard to run a store when you are dead)

After all, if they arent there, they cant cause trouble. Problem solved, right? :rolleyes:

And then the business owners get blamed for creating a "food desert" (or in this instance, a booze desert).

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    She should actually live among her peoples. Her voters. Her supporters. Be part of the community.

Agreed; but I would add, she should go be part of her community without any armed security or a police detail. Let her experience life just as her constituents do.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    How horrible. Why not suggest those same neighborhoods are forbidden from putting bars on their windows and doors too. See how much the citizens like her caring for their dignity.

I could go 100 miles with this idiocy. Let work on the reasons that these "Certain" neighborhoods need the barriers. Work the problem people. Find a solution.
    Hurt feelings....seriously. Is this what we have come to now.

And then the business owners get blamed for creating a "food desert" (or in this instance, a booze desert).

Exactly where I was at. So you make the businesses go away because they don't want to have the $ risk, etc for having an employee injured, or their money taken, etc, and then you get less employment and less services in the neighborhood. Seems ridiculous.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Wow! I buy gas at several stations that have the push thru drawer mounted in presumably bullet proof glass. Nice neighborhoods too! Didn't know I was supposed to be indignant about it; does anybody have a rulebook I can borrow so I can figure out when I'm supposed to be indignant?

Your avatar has very light skinned females washing a car, which has always made me think that you were also light skinned.

If mu assumption is correct, you do not get to be indignant. That is, by the rule book.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    [video=youtube;iKagWN7RCKM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKagWN7RCKM[/video]

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    There may be more to the story.

[video=youtube;uQK_J-EQanE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQK_J-EQanE[/video]

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    FTA:

"She says she wants to put some controls on these small stores that, from her point of view, sell booze, very little food and are a source of trouble for her district."

That statement tells me she doesnt want the trouble in her neighborhood. So she is doing the typical liberal Democrat tactic and undercutting the business because she doesnt have the power to directly shut them down.

She wants to make it so painful to operate that they either throw in the towel and shut down voluntarily, or are quite literally destroyed. (hard to run a store when you are dead)

After all, if they arent there, they cant cause trouble. Problem solved, right? :rolleyes:

It's called "Helping the middle class and creating Jobs"
    It's a solid concept thought up by Al Gore

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    She is actually trying to close down the stores, by making it impossible to do business. The second video I posted makes me wonder about the business modle of those stores.

Someone earlier said concentrate on the problem. It seems that these stores may be a part of the problem.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Sounds like we are all agreed then, that a few dead clerks is a small price to pay to avoid hurting anyone's feelings.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I do business at convenience stores, gas stations and even the bank closest to my office through bullet-resistant​ glass...I never knew I should be offended.

...but look around. Are the people you know who are working hard, doing well for themselves, and generally making a go of life easily offended by anything?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I do business at convenience stores, gas stations and even the bank closest to my office through bullet-resistant​ glass...I never knew I should be offended.

...but look around. Are the people you know who are working hard, doing well for themselves, and generally making a go of life easily offended by anything?

You better check your privilege, mister.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville

I'm offended, because they're not offended. They lack buy in to all that is just, right, and proper. At least how I see it. And how I see it, is how everyone should see it!

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I could go 100 miles with this idiocy. Let work on the reasons that these "Certain" neighborhoods need the barriers. Work the problem people. Find a solution.
    Hurt feelings....seriously. Is this what we have come to now.

Didn't you hear?!?! We added a 28th amendment! "No individual or group should be required to tolerate, regardless of validity, anything which makes said individual or group uncomfortable, offended, or otherwise generates any emotion or feeling that is not positive in nature."

Look at the news. We are offended at signs, we are offended at cakes, we are offended at speech, we are offended by nature itself, we are offended by bulletproof glass, we are offended at EVERYTHING. And although I have not been able to find that 28th amendment listed on our most current copies of the constitution, it must be there. Because federal, state and local governments are doing everything they possibly can to keep people from being offended. I mean, they way they are treating it, preventing offense is equal to national security in every way. One would think that saying or writing something offensive (which can be anything someone else does not agree with) would be equal to dropping a nuke or setting off a chemical or biological bomb. When states (California in this example) are threatening to send people to jail for using the incorrect gender pronoun, you know our country is over and lost.

I know there are those who think we can save this country. I'm sorry, but you are wrong IMHO. There is a remnant that knows common sense and wants to follow the principles of our founding fathers. But that remnant is growing exponentially smaller by the generation. And very soon we will be such a minority, we will be easy to ignore or erase. I hope I'm wrong. But I don't see how we will survive when every other civilization that has walked this same path has fallen in dramatic fashion. You know, that old saying about learning history and repeating history...it's not just cliche...it's truth.

Maybe at some point in the future that remnant will group together in one place. It could be a state we have or it could be in another country. There are many who look down on Ayn Rand and her vision of the future. However, it seems to me as time goes by, she got it pretty darn close to reality.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Before I start poking the dragon and :soapbox: I want to make it clear that I 100% agree that this is a stupid, asinine idea!

That said, my problem is with those that would confuse the above presentation as "news" - it is NOT! It is an editorial, biased, opinion piece regarding a proposed regulation. The merits of the proposed regulation are irrelevant. My concern is that the majority of people watching it would be deceived into thinking it is a news story and not an opinion piece.

There was only one (1) guest, who's opinion was never challenged. The guests questioning of "how can the government come in and make rules...?" Well, "DUH!" The government of course can make businesses follow rules within its own borders. That there can be so many fire extinguishers, or that all exits must be marked has been accepted for decades. That the proposed regulation is stupid is beyond question.

But my greater concern is that we can no longer easily distinguish between an editorial and a news story is what troubles me. The liberals drown in MSNBC (and others) but MSNBC is off the deep end. On the other hand conservatives wallow in FOX (not really news). We are polarizing into our own bubbles and thinking more and more harshly of the other bubble. If we ever hope to make America great again it will come with honest and open debate, respectful tolerance of opposing views, a willingness to change our minds, and the tempered persuasiveness to change others minds. For as long as we consider presentations like that as "news" from both sides, we will be undermined by the media into a feeding frenzy with us eating ourselves.

Regards,

Doug

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere

I'm offended, because they're not offended. They lack buy in to all that is just, right, and proper. At least how I see it. And how I see it, is how everyone should see it!

Hey, live and let live, that's what I say man...anyone who disagrees with that should be killed. :ar15:

Top Bottom