• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    So, the President, who is black, sends a wreath, which is tradition, to the Confederate Cemetery. He's not making a statement, just doing his job. And, he also sends one to the Black Soldiers Memorial, which is cool and understandable, because they have contributed to this country's freedom and the Pres is black. He is still doing the wreath thing at Arlington today too.

But, a bunch of college professors want him to forego the Confederate Wreath thing. How About a Nice Cup of Shut The **** Up! Jesus H! It's Memorial Day. Put the politics aside for once. And Bill Ayers just needs to move to Tahiti. The guy needs to retire out of the country. Some people just don't know when to quit.:patriot::draw:

Obama heads to Arlington cemetery - White House- msnbc.com

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I agree. I mean i dont care for the current president and not because of his color but his politics. Sounds like there are some college professors showing how much of bigot's they are. I think there are a lot more problems to worry about than a black president sending a wreath to the Confederate Cemetary. At least his sending one, what has those college professors done-probably draft dodge.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    The Civil War was not about slavery, nor race. Anyone who says differently is a revisionist.

Serial Crusher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    Regardless of the issues at hand or the portrayal or re-framing of history, these are Americans who died fighting for what they believed in. Most of the confederate soldiers who died in the war owned little to nothing, let alone slaves, which were the most expensive commodity on the globe at the time.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Some people just don't get it do they?

Anyone ever been to the Jefferson Davis Memorial? No where in that place is there anything remotely racist. I have the pictures to prove it too.

While it may have been a PR guy convince obamatard to send the wreath to the Confederate Cemetary, I don't think he'd have done it otherwise. So at least he did SOMETHING respectful for the Country...

bft131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oh yea, one of the "professors" that signed the petition, William Ayers......

God Bless all Soldiers and Sailors that fought for the Blue or Grey, They were Americans....

My Great x 4 grandfather was with the 5th Illinois Infantry out of Fulton Co. Illinois.

Uralguy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Kokomo
    We fought on both sides in the Civil War. Did not make for good family relations after the war. All gave some, some gave all.

WinChoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Alexandria
    The profs are scum.

A group of about 60 professors last week sent a petition to the White House asking Obama to avoid a memorial for Confederate military members who died during the war between the North and the South.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    His a** better be placing wreaths everyplace that the previous presidents did, at a mininmum. It does not matter whether it is North, South, Buffalo Soldier, Tuskagee Airmen, or the average Joe in Europe or the Pacific.

Every one of them did there part on keeping our Great Nation Free

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    His a** better be placing wreaths everyplace that the previous presidents did, at a mininmum. It does not matter whether it is North, South, Buffalo Soldier, Tuskagee Airmen, or the average Joe in Europe or the Pacific.

Every one of them did there part on keeping our Great Nation Free

He did have wreaths sent to the same places as previous Presidents. That's the point. They are pissed because he is following tradition. Apparently, the President personally lays a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknowns. He then sends a military aide to lay wreaths on his behalf at other memorials. That's something all the Presidents' do (send wreaths w/aides). President Obama did those things. But, some professors wanted him to break from tradition. Bastards. I am not a Confederate nor was anyone in my family, we were Yankees from Chicago. But, I don't give a **** if the President sends a wreath to their Memorial. Jesus H! Let it go people.

And, yeah, Bill Ayers needs to STFU! I am telling you, the guy needs to retire somewhere quietly and stay out of politics.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    As beautiful as the deep south is...old habits die hard. I lived there for several years...and they are still 100+ years behind the times concerning how they treat blacks. The Klan is alive and well in Dixie. They still believe the South will rise again.

I'm sure many view this wreath being sent by a black man as a desecration upon their beautiful and historic Confederate cemeteries...of which they are very proud. And rightfully so...but let the race issue go.

Confederate Memorial at Arlington National Cemetery

image_45.jpg

Last edited:

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    As beautiful as the deep south is...old habits die hard. I lived there for several years...and they are still 100+ years behind the times concerning how they treat blacks. The Klan is alive and well in Dixie. They still believe the South will rise again.

I'm sure many view this wreath being sent by a black man as a desecration upon their beautiful and historic Confederate cemeteries...of which they are very proud. And rightfully so...but let the race issue go.

Confederate Memorial at Arlington National Cemetery

Well spoken. As you said, let the race issue go.

Top Bottom