• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WJB63

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Lafayette area
    The following is a conversation I had after a friend and 2nd Amendmant Supporter posted a picture on FB with the quote "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".

Canadian Anti: the only thing that can stop a man with a gun is to remove every gun in the world then every person can be safe

Canadian Anti: no guns in this world at all

Me: Jonathan, since that will never happen all the good guys and girls need to be armed, trained and ready to defend themselves and the ones they love.

Canadian Anti: im so glad i live in canada we have get rules about guns i could never lkive in a place where people thing about guns on a daily basis guns are not needed by any one and definatly not need for protection the police shold not be allowed to me armed either in any country guns are evil and always will be

Page Owner: Guns are not evil, it's the person holding it that determines how the gun will be used. Since there will always be guns in the world the police SHOULD carry them, and every good person should have one to protect home and family. Really Jonathan you should take your head out of the clouds and see things as they really are. Would you rather get shot by an intruder trying to take your belongings and does not want you to be alive to identify him?

Canadian Anti: i have never worried about that in canada we dont carry guns and it takes months and months if u want to get them sorry but i truely find the only people who want them and believe they should have them are americans and that is up to u not me but i will always believe that guns are evil and nobody in the world should ever own them or have them in a house

Canadian Anti: if anyone wants my belongings they can have them i can always get more belonging are just items and are not important everyone can allways get more

Page Owner: the criminals will always find a way to get hold of a gun if they want one and that is something you can not deny. The gun is an inanimate object that does not have the capability of being evil. The person holding the gun does! Yes you can get other things, but if you see the criminal and can identify him do you really think that they would let you live? Maybe and maybe not, but for one I would prefer to be ready to protect myself in any situation that occurs in my home.

Me: My home is my castle, if you come in unwanted one or both of us are going to be carried out......

Page Owner: Hi Bill, I think that Jonathan is just totally unrealistic and needs to wake up. Does not make much sense at all, so sad...

Me: There are three types of people in this world, the Sheep, the Sheepdog and the Wolves. I don't have it in me to be a Sheep or a Wolf .....

Canadian Anti: sorry but as a canadaian we dont carry guns and dont need guns and canadaians never will need them or want them we hunt but never have more than 5 shots when we go hunting and with the lock up rules in canada there would never be time to retrive the gun from the lockup get the bullets from a different lock up so if the person has a gun we would be at there mercy any way u need to come live in canada ang forget about ur guns just enjoy life and stop worrying about being armed

Me: I know enough canadians who wish they never gave up their rights to carry a gun. You can keep your protection locked up, I will keep mine loaded and on me. I will never be at the mercy of a criminal with a gun and HOPE he doesn't shoot me. You, Jonathan, choose to be a sheep and hide your head in the sand. I choose to be a sheepdog and defend myself and those I hold dear. I do not say you are wrong, misguided perhaps but that is your choice to make. My choice is otherwise.

Canadian Anti: we are both able to have our own believes u believe what u believe and i will believe what i believe but i will never visit the states because people carry guns on them i dont believe canadaians every had the right to carry arms at least not in my life time but i can assure u im not misguided at all

Me: I sure hope you never have to find out the hard way just as I hope I never have to use mine. And I agree, we both have the right to believe what we wish. As for being misguided ... "with the lock up rules in canada there would never be time to retrive the gun from the lockup get the bullets from a different lock up so if the person has a gun we would be at there mercy any way" ... how is this not misguided. You willing give up the ability to defend yourself and are actually proud of it? You will never visit the US because we carry guns? Your loss. I would gladly visit canada. I have many friends there. I would not be happy to leave my pistol home but to visit friends and see a new country I would. When I went to Europe I had to leave my gun at home, didn't stop me from enjoying new sights, sounds, people and cultures.

Canadian Anti: im sorry but gun scare the crap out of me and always will and most of my friends feel the same most of the hunters i know dont evan geep,there guns in the house they are locked up in the garage aways from the eyes of kids here we preach to children the bad in guns i have never shot i gun in 60 yrs and never plan on shotting a gun

Me: Preaching that an inanimate object is bad because YOU are afraid of them? Illogical to me but whatever, your life, your house, your rules. I choose different. My life, my house, my rules.

Canadian Anti: and that is fine by me we all have our own believes we are not all expected to agree with each other

Now I am not the Grammar or Spelling police but I know his posts can get annoying because of them

msr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011
    Indianapolis - Broad Ripple
    I feel sad for people who can't grasp that there is evil in this world and it resides in the hearts of men, not inanimate objects. Denial of that reality may be blissful for a time, but many times life has a way of showing reality to those kinds of people, and usually it isn't pretty.

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    I have had similar conversations with one of my best friends. He has been anti for years and posits similar arguments. His are emotionally based coming from being an emt and seeing the results of irresponsible gun owners. No logical or factual arguments can sway him.

WJB63

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Lafayette area
    So true, I gave up on this conversation, though I tried to be reasonable, as a lost cause. I will have to send this to my Canadian friends, see what their take on it is.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I think the good canadian should volunteer to receive all the criminal element that have wandered into the United States and put them on Canadian welfare system. I think they should embrace them, feed them shelter them and let them express themselves in Canada.

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    He lost me at this: "the only thing that can stop a man with a gun is to remove every gun in the world then every person can be safe"

Yes, because in history this proves true...previous to the invention of guns, everyone was safe, no one was ever murdered, beaten, lynched, stabbed, burned to death, stoned, hung, etc. etc...everyone ran around dancing and wearing flowers in their hair.
    Hearts of men folks, they can never wrap their minds around this...

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    some of the best redneck good-ol-boy gun-owners ive ever known have been from ontario.

midwestern rednecks have nothing on our northern neighbors.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    If there were no guns. Really? There was a time when there were no guns. The weak, old and untrained suffered at the hands of the strong who wielded swords and bows. The gun gave those people a way to protect themselves from these people. Thus the reason guns became called the great equalizers.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    All I can say is you will never make an idea-log budge 1 inch in what they believe. Logic, statistics and all the info available will be blocked out by a state of denial we as logical open minded thinkers can not begin to understand. This thinking is becoming more common as the world slides toward the abyss.
    This man and his kind would have us all become sheeple. No thanks.

Top Bottom