• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    The $4k isn't the problem. It is the fact that in ATF's eyes this is an unregistered machine gun.

Welding a hole closed doesn't "convert" it to a legal semi-auto firearm. Once a machinegun always a machinegun. You can see where the hole was welded shut just above the selector if you look in the photos close enough. Now if he would have made a brand new semi-auto receiver and put the parts kit on it he would be fine, but he used the original full auto lower.

The guy has no idea what he has or thinks he can get away with it.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Has the entire lower been welded together?
    Look above the trigger.
    Was this cut, ala destroyed, and welded back together???

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I think that is a Hahn machine reweld. He also rewelded M14 recievers way back when. They are pretty collectable. I'll never understand how he got approval but MKS got busted.

Edit to add; I just googled Hahn machine ar10 and didnt come up with anything. Im sure Ive read about them rewelding Ar10's though. Nonetheless, that one is a reweld for sure.

Last edited:

Zombie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jun 14, 2009
    Danville
    Yep-One of each.
    They are actually not very punishing at all.
    A few years back at Knob Creek, Long Mountain had a
    transitional full auto that was a movie gun for $4,500.
    I still kick myself over that one!:xmad: Thought that was
    expensive at the time.
    Looks like you are in my area-PM me if you would like to shoot one
    sometime.
    Zombie

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Once a mg always a mg unless receiver was demilled and then rebuild as a semi it's no gambe it's stupid

if it was properly demilled and ATF has it recorded as such and it's been rebuild by a manufacturer it should be fine

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    It is in the Class III section of gunbroker, perhaps it HAS been registered?

Yeah, but he has it listed under AOW which it doesn't apply. If it is a reweld then it is not a NFA weapon, it it is a "modified" MG then it is illegal.

The only way it would be a NFA weapon is if it were still a MG and registered, or a rewelded MG which would make it a Post Dealer Sample.

He just doesn't know what he has. I would think if it were a true Hahn Reweld then he would have it listed as such because that would add to the value.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I see. I am not really all too familiar with NFA laws and figured if it had been re-registered after the mods it would be gravy.

NFA laws are clear as mud!!

I call friends in the local ATF office once a week at the very least with questions and I end up having to call the WV NFA ATF branch at least a couple times a month when the local office isn't quite sure.

It is all very confusing which is why having a dealer that doesn't mind answering questions, or finding out answers if they don't the the answers, is a must!!

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    Ill be damned!!! I learn something new everyday... Thank you Sir
    & to think ive been checking GB everyday for the last 2 yrs & never knew that :dunno: :n00b:

HHollow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Is this the re-weld you guys were discussing?

244elj5.jpg

This one is Kosher. It was done by Hahn machine back in the 1980's and stampped accordingly. Hahn had some sort of exemption from the ATF to do the AR10 rewelds. [although I have never seen a letter] Many since have tried to pass their rewelds off as Hahn's.

I recently acquired the re-welded lower as a part of a trade. It will be refinished to hide that ugly scar.

Top Bottom