Convicted criminal, running for sheriff.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Remember when the 'domestic violence', law was put through, I do not know how many LEO's lost their jobs, because they had plead guilty to a 'lesser' offense, BEFORE, this law was passed, but when it passed, it grandfathered, all those past misdemeanors, battery, whatever, and now you are convicted of 'domestic violence'. Anyway I do not know about N.C. law, but in Ind. as far as I know, if you can;t carry a gun, you can't be an LEO. Since the Sherriff is a LEO, how can a felon serve ?????

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    He may have a hard time convincing voters, but if he is a free citizen then he has the freedom to try his hand at elected office.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Any idea what his crime was?

If you can get a felony for throwing a snowball at a car, I'd say it all depends on the crime.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Any idea what his crime was?

If you can get a felony for throwing a snowball at a car, I'd say it all depends on the crime.

It's wikipedia so take it for what you will.
    Gerald Hege - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As years passed, charges of nepotism, financial irregularities, and mismanagement began to surface. On September 15, 2003, Hege was charged with 15 felonies and suspended from office. The charges were five counts of embezzlement by a public officer, five counts of obtaining property by false pretenses, two counts of obstruction of justice, one count of endeavoring to intercept oral communication, one count of aiding and abetting to endeavor to intercept oral communication and one count of aiding and abetting to obtain property by false pretenses.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Let me guess, this one convict would be allowed to carry...

Yup. A Sheriff is one of the special people excepted in IC 35-47-2.

Still can't buy one though... And it would be a felony for anyone to knowingly give/sell him one, or for him to solicit to purchase one... so there's hope... wait...

d@#$... there's an exception for LEOs in IC 35-47-2.5.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom