• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • houndman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    How is everyones seaseon going? I live in central indiana and following proven dogs and we are just not killing any coon .Season has been in about 2 weeks now and we have only killed less than 10.Every one that hunts around here is doing about as bad. I'm just wondering if anyone is doing any good elsewhere. I don't know if the coon aren't moving or we don't have many.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    There is a guy on a different subforum so menaced by a coon he might let you run your dogs through his attic.

I put out a dozen or so bucket sets last week and rounded up 10 coons, so they seem to be out and moving around here.

Jrod

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    I'm located in central Indiana also. And I'm not having much luck either. Someone said they read online that the drought caused them to move out. But I've been hunting around water and still not finding them.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Seem to be pretty plentiful up here. I saw 3 when I was deer hunting the other morning. Saw 9 in my processors garage today that he has taken. Another buddy is catchin the heck out of em.

Jrod

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Just got in from hunting quit after second Drop without even a track. I've tried big timber and patches glad some of u r finding them I sure can't!!

houndman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    we went to some places last night that doesn't get any hunting pressure and killed 3 by 11 all singles that is the best night we have had so far.Jrod i think we need to go hunting in se indiana with boonedock 89 in 7 nights all singles pretty impresive

Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    we went to some places last night that doesn't get any hunting pressure and killed 3 by 11 all singles that is the best night we have had so far.Jrod i think we need to go hunting in se indiana with boonedock 89 in 7 nights all singles pretty impresive

houndman , everyone I know from my area is having a tough go at it.
    last night was better , hopefully things continue to get better

BStarkey 46947

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Coons keep visiting my mineral sites and tripping my trail cameras. Running in packs of 3-5, not much size. We have a small creek in the woods, so unlimited water supply.

BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    Rough going last night. We had several drops where we didn't pull a bark. Pups looked good on the one running track we had all night and finished it with two looking down.

Last edited:

BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    Couple short videos:

Training session with two 5 month old pups on a blind drag.

Spring 1 year old turning crank:

Fall 1 year old just starting:

Last edited:

houndman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    nice looking pups .That is what it is all about not shining ,not calling,it's all about the dogs especially the pups good videos.Good luck with them.We killed one last night our 2 year old gyp treed.The rest were on dens but it seemed they were moving a little last night in that snow.

Top Bottom