Cop orders man to put legal OC gun on ground. Kills him when he tries to comply.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I always trust 1 minute videos to tell the whole story.

hitdog.gif

I didn't imply that at all.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    You know, it's funny to watch these threads through the lens of escalation and de-escalation. Which individuals escalate, and which ones attempt to de-escalate. It often reflects reality, too.

I wouldn't dare to point out what escalation and de-escalation might have taken place in this particular engagement.

I was answering the question that was asked me. Are you really having this much trouble keeping up?

:facepalm:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So non-compliance is lawful? This I did not know.

Not every command is worth following. Especially when the command results in you doing something that will get you killed.

People in this very thread have said they would have done otherwise, keeping hands high in air, nowhere near their gun.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm no lawyer but failing to comply would be my first guess. It's pretty easy to pile on the cops when you haven't walked a mile in their shoes.

If a cop tells you to jump off a bridge, is it illegal to disobey?

I think it's OK to pile onto a cop. I don't think anyone here is generalizing all cops. As we've seen, both people involved could have done things differently.

So, failing to comply... I think that depends on the demand being reasonable. One might argue that being told to touch your gun isn't exactly reasonable.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I always trust 1 minute videos to tell the whole story.

hitdog.gif

Taken in context, it is absolutely true. Hitler loved that dog to the point that at the end of the war he was more worried about the Russians capturing and mistreating her than he was about them capturing him. She was the only living being he truly trusted. How he dealt with human beings does not fall into that context.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    A matter of perspective.

[video=youtube;trMpjAGseng]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trMpjAGseng[/video]

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I'm following along just fine. If you don't see the irony of your two statements I quoted, then I can't help you.

All i see is denny either failing to see that i posted a simple answer to a question or trying to get a reaction from me with his comments. My question back to him was pretty tame.

Again, seriously?

Top Bottom