• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Lock your phones, ladies and gentlemen. Put a password on them.

A guy had his phone confiscated while under arrest for breaching the peace. When he was released and his property returned to him, he discovered that his private images and videos were forwarded to multiple phone numbers that he did not recognize. The material happened to be of a sexual nature.

This doesn't seem right, if the allegations are true.

Connecticut man says cop swiped homemade X-rated videos, photos from his phone after bust

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    I would not be surprised in the least if this was totally true and I would do my best to pursue legal recourse. Once those pics/vids are out there, they are out there. You can't stop anything on the internet.

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    One incident like this makes the 1,000,000 things LE does right every day in this country forgotten. Sounds like a theft charge would be appropriate to me. Even if that doesn't fly, the officer had no legal access to the phone unless he was looking for evidence of other criminal activity, which would require a warrant or consent from the owner of the phone.
    It only takes one of us to shoot the rest of us in the foot doing stupid crap that any 21 year old should be mature enough to avoid.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    As posted already, if the cop forwarded the images, he should be held accountable.....

Too bad there isn't a way to keep our cell phones out of the hands of the police. It's a real shame that the cops just picked out a person..... oh, wait...... the guy was under arrest. :rolleyes:

But still....... :cool:

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    One incident like this makes the 1,000,000 things LE does right every day in this country forgotten. Sounds like a theft charge would be appropriate to me. Even if that doesn't fly, the officer had no legal access to the phone unless he was looking for evidence of other criminal activity, which would require a warrant or consent from the owner of the phone.
    It only takes one of us to shoot the rest of us in the foot doing stupid crap that any 21 year old should be mature enough to avoid.

^^Bingo^^
    If the media would put half as much of the good as they do the bad out there I think the stereotypes might be effected. Lord knows law enforcement can use all the good PR it can get!

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    ^^Bingo^^
    If the media would put half as much of the good as they do the bad out there I think the stereotypes might be effected. Lord knows law enforcement can use all the good PR it can get!

cops used to get all sorts of good press and hollywood support.... dragnet,,,andy griffith

then came how the cops responded to the 60s race marches and the 68 democratic convention,,,and it hasnt been good since then...

people knew the cops didnt just wake up that morning and all decide to act like that,,,it was always in them... so people changed how they looked at cops to a suspicious view,,,and the cops havent done much in 40 years to make holding that view an obvious waste of time... seems like whenever people go watching the cops closely,,,they find something that should be on the news...

cops need to stop pushing the line and only backing off when a court tells them to... cops need to be models of restraint regarding our liberty,,,not aggression in seeking as many arrests as possible...

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    cops used to get all sorts of good press and hollywood support.... dragnet,,,andy griffith

then came how the cops responded to the 60s race marches and the 68 democratic convention,,,and it hasnt been good since then...

people knew the cops didnt just wake up that morning and all decide to act like that,,,it was always in them... so people changed how they looked at cops to a suspicious view,,,and the cops havent done much in 40 years to make holding that view an obvious waste of time... seems like whenever people go watching the cops closely,,,they find something that should be on the news...

cops need to stop pushing the line and only backing off when a court tells them to... cops need to be models of restraint regarding our liberty,,,not aggression in seeking as many arrests as possible...

I won't totally disagree, but a lot of people forget the fact that cops are people too, no one can be expected to be perfect all the time, which is the standard that most police are held to.

All I really meant is that the large majority of the PR that law enforcement gets is negative, when the fact of the matter is the actual majority (at least in my experience) are actually out there doing their jobs to the best of their ability. The cops I know don't want to push the line, they just want to take bad people to jail and get back home to their family every night.

I see your point, but with the news mostly hate mongering (simply for lack of better terms) and only reporting the negative the LEO sector could use all the help it can get. I hardly think Dragnet and Andy Griffith qualify as "good press".

**awaiting flames for not cop bashing**

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    *edit*

This topic in particular is just wrong, this cop (if this is true) is an idiot, and I'm sure dumb **** like this happens all the time, but I don't take instances like these and assume the whole department is corrupt and every cop is an idiot. Every collective group has it's bottom 10% that help contribute to a negative reputation.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I won't totally disagree, but a lot of people forget the fact that cops are people too, no one can be expected to be perfect all the time, which is the standard that most police are held to.

When you project the Standard that you are infallible then that is the Standard that you will also be measured against...

Since most of the LEAs across the Nation have tranisioned from being Officers that hold the Peace to Enforcers of Law. A lot of the LEOs I have dealt with in the past decade have had the mindset of They alone knew what was right and wrong and that John Q Public is just waiting to become a Super Criminal and race to the top of the most wanted list.

Kinda hard to overcome Public Image when your brothers in the Next Town/City/County/State are always in the news for what they have done wrong also...

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis

nope...cops are only held to a reasonable officer standard,,,which is no standard,,,at all

find one cop to say that what another cop did was reasonable,,,and youve got an entire system that lets cops get away with anything they want...

Top Bottom