• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    nope...cops are only held to a reasonable officer standard,,,which is no standard,,,at all

find one cop to say that what another cop did was reasonable,,,and youve got an entire system that lets cops get away with anything they want...

I do totally disagree with this.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    ^^Bingo^^
    If the media would put half as much of the good as they do the bad out there I think the stereotypes might be effected. Lord knows law enforcement can use all the good PR it can get!

Doubt it. At least not for me. I expect certain behavior out of certain professions. Doing it is not grounds for a pat on the back and a cookie.

If they want good PR stop hiring thugs and criminals.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Doubt it. At least not for me. I expect certain behavior out of certain professions. Doing it is not grounds for a pat on the back and a cookie.

If they want good PR stop hiring thugs and criminals.

Can't argue with that.

When it comes to "having a bad day"... That's total BS. At any job if you have a bad day you'll get a suspension or get fired.

Have a bad day as a cop and your supervisors cover for you so they don't look bad and cuz ya gotta back the badge!

Let's say just 5% of cops are bad apples.... Billy Clinton added 5,000 bad apples (out of the 100,000 he claims). How man millions of LEOs are there?

There is no excuse for a 'bad day' in any other job, so why is it acceptable when it comes to blue?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    cops used to get all sorts of good press and hollywood support.... dragnet,,,andy griffith

I implore you to see both sides of that coin. The good cop in Dragnet became the cop in "Colors" or the guys huddled behind a cruiser as "robo-criminal" unloaded with full-auto rifles during the N. Hollywood Shootout.

And Mayberry, where the drunks lock themselves up, is a pipe dream, that has been replaced with the beautiful eutopia called Charlotte.

My point, if cops havent changes, has the public...?

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    As posted already, if the cop forwarded the images, he should be held accountable.....

Too bad there isn't a way to keep our cell phones out of the hands of the police. It's a real shame that the cops just picked out a person..... oh, wait...... the guy was under arrest. :rolleyes:

But still....... :cool:
    thats the excuse alot of cops use to search er i mean inventory. they are under arrest. being charged is a whole different thing than being found guilty. alot of cops forget that little innocent until proven guilty thing. the night i was arrested they forgot to write down the cash i had on the property sheet until i told them i wasnt signing until they did. then it just appeared out of nowhere. there are alot of good ones out there doing the job but anyone who thinks they are all good dont bend over you will get a unicorn horn in your azz.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Can't argue with that.

When it comes to "having a bad day"... That's total BS. At any job if you have a bad day you'll get a suspension or get fired.

Have a bad day as a cop and your supervisors cover for you so they don't look bad and cuz ya gotta back the badge!

Let's say just 5% of cops are bad apples.... Billy Clinton added 5,000 bad apples (out of the 100,000 he claims). How man millions of LEOs are there?

There is no excuse for a 'bad day' in any other job, so why is it acceptable when it comes to blue?

If you work in the private sector, I certainly can't tell. People routinely have bad days (which carries over to their work), in other occupations, outside of law enforcement, and escape suspension or being fired.

That said, I have zero tolerance for LEO that have such days. LE is one of those occupation where "bad days" is unacceptable.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    If you work in the private sector, I certainly can't tell. People routinely have bad days (which carries over to their work), in other occupations, outside of law enforcement, and escape suspension or being fired.

That said, I have zero tolerance for LEO that have such days. LE is one of those occupation where "bad days" is unacceptable.

A typo by the secretary or a missing bar graph in a critical presentation might not garner termination. But let's just see you take your sticky grubby hands through the boss's filing cabinet and see if you don't get fired.

I think you missed the implication behind "bad day."

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    A typo by the secretary or a missing bar graph in a critical presentation might not garner termination. But let's just see you take your sticky grubby hands through the boss's filing cabinet and see if you don't get fired.

I think you missed the implication behind "bad day."

I don't think criminal actions, which ,most assuredly the officer in question is guilty of, qualifies as having a "bad day."

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I don't think criminal actions, which ,most assuredly the officer in question is guilty of, qualifies as having a "bad day."

Neither do I. And we may be in agreement but simply talking around each other here. Kinda sounds like that may be the case.

I took the "bad day" reference to be code-speak of sorts for totally ****ing up. And when used by the higher-ups in LE usually is their means of minimizing something really wrong and trying to sweep it under the rug. No such protection exists in the private sector (absent additional relationships/liaisons unique to that situation). But screw up royally or criminally, and it's lights out, partner.

In that sense, LEO actually do get to have bad days and suffer little for it. Membership most definitely has its privileges. ;)

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    As posted already, if the cop forwarded the images, he should be held accountable.....

Too bad there isn't a way to keep our cell phones out of the hands of the police. It's a real shame that the cops just picked out a person..... oh, wait...... the guy was under arrest. :rolleyes:

But still....... :cool:

thats the excuse alot of cops use to search er i mean inventory. they are under arrest. being charged is a whole different thing than being found guilty. alot of cops forget that little innocent until proven guilty thing. the night i was arrested they forgot to write down the cash i had on the property sheet until i told them i wasnt signing until they did. then it just appeared out of nowhere. there are alot of good ones out there doing the job but anyone who thinks they are all good dont bend over you will get a unicorn horn in your azz.

As Serpico pointed out, Jay, "under arrest" doesn't mean guilty. I have a problem with the phone being searched solely on the basis of an arrest.

Hold on there, Kutnupe... The officer in question is accused of a criminal act. What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. He's not guilty of anything until he's been proven so.

Bottom line for both the phone's owner and the cop who is accused of invading his privacy is that the media report is not to be trusted and certainly not taken as gospel. Let's wait till there's a guilty verdict before we start saying anyone is more than "accused".

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom