• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Sure thing, heck even the Capitol Police get hands on once in awhile.
    It can be much more exciting and financially rewarding than chasing down and fish soccer moms and those who roll through stop signs in Carmel.
    Kut needs to get out of Indiana.

Oh and color purple where deemed nessessery.

Perhaps, I should have qualified "hands on people," because I'd didn't mean in the TSA "way." More along the lines of physically resisting people, who have reasons to resist other than late tax returns. :p

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Do the feds actually put hands on people?

Kut (has never seen it)

White House fence jumpers have to get stopped eventually.

nn_1_white_breach_140922.jpg

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Perhaps, I should have qualified "hands on people," because I'd didn't mean in the TSA "way." More along the lines of physically resisting people, who have reasons to resist other than late tax returns. :p

You know there is over 120 different Federal LE Agency's, not all of them work the entrances to Federal builds.
    I didn't work security, nor at a building entrance.
    But now, I'm just a welder. It's all gravy......

tatertot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    You know there is over 120 different Federal LE Agency's, not all of them work the entrances to Federal builds.

Well our profession has changed quite a bit since you left. The social justice warriors, cop blockers, wanna be mma fighters, and a potus who has manipulated the media have made our job exponentially more difficult since you left. Maybe you should stick with your "gravy" job and leave policing to the police.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Well our profession has changed quite a bit since you left. The social justice warriors, cop blockers, wanna be mma fighters, and a potus who has manipulated the media have made our job exponentially more difficult since you left. Maybe you should stick with your "gravy" job and leave policing to the police.

Ahhh... The arrogance of some young officers. So do tell Tater, When was it I left and retired ? You are right, in the last 3 years they just invented bad girls and guys. I'll leave all the policing in Rushville to you. Your the man. You know how I know that your the MAN. Because you just told me.
    You Sir are a plus to the profession.
    Good day.

tatertot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    I never said or even implied I was "The man". If you took my statement as arrogance, then that's on you. Several people on here, including you were really quick to criticize without having been there.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    I never said or even implied I was "The man". If you took my statement as arrogance, then that's on you. Several people on here, including you were really quick to criticize without having been there.

You basically told him that he was old, irrelevant, and he should shut up... Just sayin. I don't think it's on him.

tatertot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    I never said anything about his age or that he was irrelevant. He said he got out of law enforcement, and is now a welder. Regardless of whether anyone is a current, former, or not a law enforcement officer, it is ignorant to cast judgement on the officer without being in his shoes.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    I never said anything about his age or that he was irrelevant. He said he got out of law enforcement, and is now a welder. Regardless of whether anyone is a current, former, or not a law enforcement officer, it is ignorant to cast judgement on the officer without being in his shoes.

You are on a forum. 90% of what is said here (outside of the actual gun stuff) is Op-Ed. Think of it like debate club, where you try to convince others of your point of view.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I think it pretty awesome the agent doesn't have a gun drawn and pointing at his head.

I thought the same thing but pretty sure there are other agents on the right doing just that.Where you can see the dog.

Lots of people who jump the fence are not threats, they are just here to protest and get news coverage.

tatertot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    You are on a forum. 90% of what is said here (outside of the actual gun stuff) is Op-Ed. Think of it like debate club, where you try to convince others of your point of view.

I understand this. I think I have laid out a pretty simple and understood argument that you shouldn't cast judgement on a dynamic situation like this without being there at the time.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    I thought the same thing but pretty sure there are other agents on the right doing just that.Where you can see the dog.

Lots of people who jump the fence are not threats, they are just here to protest and get news coverage.

I thought he was confused by the pointy yellow ears on the guys hat?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I know, some have to submit TPS reports in triplicate.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I understand this. I think I have laid out a pretty simple and understood argument that you shouldn't cast judgement on a dynamic situation like this without being there at the time.

Back to that youth thing, you missed my point with my response to the mistakes I believe that officer and his backup made with dealing with this situation.
    Before it turned into a dynamic situation it should have been handled differently.
    Form the first responding officer a better Dynamic decision-making is paramount in an environment that changes over time either due to the previous actions of the decision maker or due to events that are outside of the control of the decision maker.
    In this sense, dynamic decisions, unlike simple and conventional one-time decisions, are typically more complex and occur in real-time and involve observing the extent to which people are able to use their experience to control a particular complex system, including the types of experience that lead to better decisions over time.
    The problem is, the responding officer had no worthwhile training on controlling a combative person. If he had training on takedowns and controlling a combative person, before it got stupid she would have been on her knees in a subservient position in handcuffs.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    Back to that youth thing, you missed my point with my response to the mistakes I believe that officer and his backup made with dealing with this situation.
    Before it turned into a dynamic situation it should have been handled differently.
    Form the first responding officer a better Dynamic decision-making is paramount in an environment that changes over time either due to the previous actions of the decision maker or due to events that are outside of the control of the decision maker.
    In this sense, dynamic decisions, unlike simple and conventional one-time decisions, are typically more complex and occur in real-time and involve observing the extent to which people are able to use their experience to control a particular complex system, including the types of experience that lead to better decisions over time.
    The problem is, the responding officer had no worthwhile training on controlling a combative person. If he had training on takedowns and controlling a combative person, before it got stupid she would have been on her knees in a subservient position in handcuffs.

I just want to ask if you are sure you are using the preferred pronouns to reference this person?

Top Bottom