• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I bought a suppressed sbr (2 stamper) from copper and when I went to pick it up they filled out and ran not 1 but 2 4473's and stated that they can't put 2 nfa items on 1 form. I figured it was just the sales guy not knowing any better. Now I see it is a pattern.

Side note, I did 2 suppressor transfers with copper because I wanted to use the kiosk. On the phone they quoted me $60 nfa transfer fee. Once I finished scanning my prints into the kiosk and went up to pay, it was $90 each. I asked what happened to $60? They said there was a $30 kiosk fee. So yeah, another lgs gets my transfers from now on and I'll handle my own prints and pics

ouch... I hope I don't get slapped with fees like that when I pick up my kiosk can.

Hotrod29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2016
    NWI
    ouch... I hope I don't get slapped with fees like that when I pick up my kiosk can.

Was it a transfer? I didn't buy from silencershop, I bought elsewhere and had it shipped to copper because they had already quoted me $60 for the transfers. I had to pay the transfer fee up front.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    I bought a suppressed sbr (2 stamper) from copper and when I went to pick it up they filled out and ran not 1 but 2 4473's and stated that they can't put 2 nfa items on 1 form. I figured it was just the sales guy not knowing any better. Now I see it is a pattern.

Side note, I did 2 suppressor transfers with copper because I wanted to use the kiosk. On the phone they quoted me $60 nfa transfer fee. Once I finished scanning my prints into the kiosk and went up to pay, it was $90 each. I asked what happened to $60? They said there was a $30 kiosk fee. So yeah, another lgs gets my transfers from now on and I'll handle my own prints and pics
    Their answer is it’s $60 from SilencerShop and $30 fee to use the shop’s kiosk.

my next one is getting efiled. Gonna ask the ATF if since I used the kiosk in July if my prints will still be on file with them. If they are the wait will be under 2 weeks

Hotrod29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2016
    NWI
    Their answer is it’s $60 from SilencerShop and $30 fee to use the shop’s kiosk.

Yeah except they quoted me 60 before I had them form 3'd and sent to them. After they were there it turned into 90. Admittedly I chose them because of the kiosk but they didn't give me a paper file option nor did they inform me of a kiosk fee until it was already done. It's pure bait and switch.

my next one is getting efiled. Gonna ask the ATF if since I used the kiosk in July if my prints will still be on file with them. If they are the wait will be under 2 weeks

The answer is no, you must send fingerprints and photos each time. Also, you can only e-file form 1's

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    The answer is no, you must send fingerprints and photos each time. Also, you can only e-file form 1's

This. I have been talking to them directly because of efile issues with both of my submissions. They cannot get in the system to get your prints or photo from silencer shop, that is silencer shop's information. They cannot use photos or prints from previous stamps. And efile will only be form 1's for a while until they get the bugs worked which will take a while.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    Yeah except they quoted me 60 before I had them form 3'd and sent to them. After they were there it turned into 90. Admittedly I chose them because of the kiosk but they didn't give me a paper file option nor did they inform me of a kiosk fee until it was already done. It's pure bait and switch.

I only form 1 things anyway.

There’s an instance where someone got a 6 minute approval with an efileba couple weeks ago because prints were processed just recently as well.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I only form 1 things anyway.

There’s an instance where someone got a 6 minute approval with an efileba couple weeks ago because prints were processed just recently as well.

That doesn't seem likely, the investigators follow a checklist and they HAVE to have the form that gets emailed to you to send in with your prints. Even on my redo efile form 1s they had to get me to send them the new fingerprint cover sheet for both of my form 1s that are in, and I've gotten a new suppressor approved within 30days. Not saying it's impossible, but highly improbable.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    Dude, you can take your ID scanning ANYWHERE and stuff it. I don't go to college bars. I don't go anywhere that unnecessarily collects my information. I've even told a couple of different doctors offices to stuff it when they wanted my SSN. They backed off. I protect that information the same way and for the same reason I protect my bank info. Do YOU go around giving your bank info? You must have no idea how remarkably easy it is to commit identity theft. All I need is your DL info and some time as your FB friend. That's it.
    I will have your name, address, license # and DOB. From FB I can get your moms maiden name, your fav sports team, where you went to high school...all that information that places use as 'security' questions.
    Zillion $$ multi-nationals are hacked on a regular basis and you think some mom and pop gun store in BFE Indiana has the wherewithal to protect your information? :rolleyes:
    I don't do Facebook, never have and never will. I don't tweet, Skype, or any of that other crap, heck I will not even text. The only place I post anything is here.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Apparently the background check went through, but they didn't bother to call and let me know. I called them today and they told me to come pick it up. I've been out of town for work all week anyway.

I'd never seen the person that helped me in the store, but I found it odd that he never bothered to ask for ID before handing me the suppressor and stamp and letting me leave.

IMG_7556-M.jpg

It was pretty petty to call them out on an extra background check, but for some reason it just really rubbed me the wrong way.

Last edited:

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Apparently the background check went through, but they didn't bother to call and let me know. I called them today and they told me to come pick it up. I've been out of town for work all week anyway.

I'd never seen the person that helped me in the store, but I found it odd that he never bothered to ask for ID before handing me the suppressor and stamp and letting me leave.

IMG_7556-M.jpg

It was pretty petty to call them out on an extra background check, but for some reason it just really rubbed me the wrong way.

did you re-sign the form? theres a line that says if the transfer of takes place on a different day that the buyer signed section a then the buyer must complete section c immediately prior to the transfer of the firearm

all you do is sign the form saying that nothing has changes since you filled out the paperwork cause the seller should have made you sign again and checked your id

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    First, let me say all my info are from Pre-41F Trust, so when I picked mine up, they were at least from a year ago, no finger print card.

So it may or may not relevant to OP's situation.

Regarding the final NICS. When I picked up my Sig can from Copper Custom, they did run mine and got a proceed before they handed over to me.

Here is another one, 2 cans, same SOT(USDS, Greenwood), they were approved 1 months apart. The first one, was fill and sign, thank you very much.

The second one, I filled out the 4473, they actually ran it through and got a proceed.

I asked them why different procedure this time, I was told there is a new ATF inspector in town, they were asked to run all 4473 on Trusts.

So, it could be the ATF treats area near Chicago differently than rest of Indiana. There's nothing stopping them doing so. SOT's certainly don't want to fight them either.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    4473 background checks on trusts should have been done at dealers, whether or when they were told was probably the key factor. The point was to be sure the person picking up the item was a proper person since there was no background checks on trusts. A lot of dealers were probably informed of this only after an audit. I bought a 22 can from an INGO dealer 4 years ago or so and when I picked it up they didn't run the 4473 when I picked the can up, I knew they should have and even asked "are you sure, trusts usually need ran" and they told me no; while getting another can from a different dealer about a week before and the 4473 was ran.

Now that trusts have responsible person questionnaires and can have a background check ran, trusts no longer need called in for the 4473

Just appears a store has a CYA policy and they run all NFA pick ups

Scenarfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2018
    Hamilton County
    I’ve purchased suppressors online at Silencershop.com and selected M&J Firearms as their Powered dealer. Used their single shot trust this last time. When the tax stamp came in, Martin called me to come pick it up. He had me fill out a 4473, I didn’t have any issues with that. No additional charges from him. Easy peasy.

Top Bottom