Cops Called After 5th-Grade Ga. Boy Draws Picture That Teacher Thought Was Gang-Relat

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    That picture is hilarious, if a kid drew that and I was his art teacher I would just start laughing and put it up as a good example of a scary picture :cool: I love the "i kill for blood" that is awesome :rockwoot:

His art teacher thought it was great and helped him shade the eyes. It was his classroom teacher that got upset. :)

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Last year my son had his first day of kindergarten. The teacher went around the room asking the kids what they had done over the summer. When it was my son's turn, he proudly told her that his dad had let him shoot guns. The teacher flipped out and started yelling at him, telling him that if he ever mentioned the word gun again, she would call the police and have him arrested!!!

My son came home that day crying about what had happened, and, after hearing what had been said, I went to the school. Needless to saying, I was livid. I walked into the principal's office and told her to get the teacher in there. When the teacher arrived, I laid into her telling her that I don't care what she believes - her job is to teach my child, not convince him of her beliefs. I also let her know that if she ever yelled/intimidated my son again, that I would show her what intimidation was. I then, not so politely, told her to get out of the principal's office. The principal was sitting there dumbfounded.

After she left, I told the principal that if she couldn't handle her teachers then I would do my best to make sure she found a new job. She no longer works there...

Great work! I'm not sure about the veiled threat of "showing her what intimidation is", but it sounds like you definitely set her straight. I think I would have insisted on a public acknowledgement of error on her part and a public apology to your son, explaining to him that he'd not done anything wrong and that she had no right to use police as a threat against him, certainly not for simply doing what he'd been told to do: answer what he'd done over the summer.

Lastly, you said that "she" no longer works there. The "teacher", the principal, or both?

Again, great job. You've been rep'd.

Blessings,
    B

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    My 5th grade teacher requested that I be given a psychological evaluation. (I was a handful;)) Three visits later, the Dr. claimed I was fine and maybe the teacher should make an appointment.

To the best of my knowledge, she declined.:dunno:

Been foolin' em ever since!:D

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    My 5th grade teacher requested that I be given a psychological evaluation. (I was a handful;)) Three visits later, the Dr. claimed I was fine and maybe the teacher should make an appointment.

To the best of my knowledge, she declined.:dunno:

Been foolin' em ever since!:D

I can see how the teacher would think you need an psychological evaluation... :D

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I will agree that the threat wasn't the best idea, but, when you are angry, you don't always use your head. The principal no longer works there. As for the teacher - the new principal was warned of her the first day of school...

Thanks for the reps...

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I will agree that the threat wasn't the best idea, but, when you are angry, you don't always use your head. The principal no longer works there. As for the teacher - the new principal was warned of her the first day of school...

Thanks for the reps...

You're welcome. :) As long as it worked, that's what counts. No further problems with that teacher?

Blessings,
    B

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Not yet. My son was supposed to be in her class again this year. My wife called the new principal and told her that we wouldn't be comfortable with him in her class (trying to be nice) and the principal didn't wanna help us out. I went to the principal and told her point blank that my son wouldn't ever be in her class again. The principal got a little defensive until I told her about the issues in the past and then immediately moved some kids around to accomodate us...

Top Bottom