Cops vow to take citizens down for carrying (Milwaukee)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I don't know what's worse, the police chief outright stating people in his jurisdiction are guilty until proven innocent, or the State Rep. stating that they don't need more guns, but not mentioning anything about needing less criminals or crime...

What a tool (take your pick, except for the legal gunowner)

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    The officer on camera, explained that if someone calls, police respond, and investigate. So far, so good. He didn't dis-arm the citizen, he didn't use any JBT tactics.

Was he cordial due to the news cameras present? I wonder why, in true JBT fashion, he didn't arrest the photographer.

Something doesn't add up.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    I think that police chief isn't going to last long there. I am willing to bet after he and the city get sued a couple of dozen times he with be outed.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    This was filmed several years ago. The situation in Wisconsin has calmed down considerably after several successful lawsuits against cities, and the passage of their new CCW law.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This was filmed several years ago. The situation in Wisconsin has calmed down considerably after several successful lawsuits against cities, and the passage of their new CCW law.

Good to know. This is one of those videos that makes your blood boil.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Change the culture, change the world. The culture is shifting back to the country's pro-gun default setting.

There will be resistance to the normalization of guns that the culture is undergoing. This is why we cast ourselves in the best light possible, we stay cool, and we bring all possible civil and administrative remedies to redress our rights.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Change the culture, change the world. The culture is shifting back to the country's pro-gun default setting.

There will be resistance to the normalization of guns that the culture is undergoing. This is why we cast ourselves in the best light possible, we stay cool, and we bring all possible civil and administrative remedies to redress our rights.

Well said, Kirk.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    It's so sad to think that the State Rep that specified "we don't need more people walking around with guns in the streets" only has a visual of this:

instead of this

Thank God for Indiana law.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana

Best response I've seen.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Thank God for Indiana law.

It happens everywhere including Indiana. It has happened to INGO members who have been threatened, mocked and have had guns pointed at them.

There will be resistance. There will be those in government who demand that we sit in the back of the bus. We expect it and we shall overcome it.

We will win but there will be bumps along the road. What we can do is prepare for it so we know what to do when it happens to us.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Best response I've seen.

Everyone chill out and take the long view.

Not so long ago, our fellow citizens were assaulted with fire hoses, batons and police dogs; they were blown up, run off roads, and shot for only wanting to exercise the rights that Americans now take for granted.

You (second person, plural) are getting some hassle from the police. In comparison, it ain't that bad.:D It took over 100 years and multiple federal statutes to get Mississippi to recognize the rights of African-Americans. I expect the same to get Chicago or New York City to recognize our right to arms.

Yeah, getting guns pointed at us for exercising rights is disconcerting, but yellow footprints. If we want to make a statement, then we should anticipate a heckler's veto. We should study on how to deal with hecklers.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    ...We should study on how to deal with hecklers.

George Carlin was once heard to reply to a heckler, "HEY! I don't come to your job and tell you how to sweep up, DON'T tell me how to do mine!"

Steve Martin made an album in which he responded to a heckler with a chuckle and said, "Yeah, I remember when I had my first beer..."

Blessings,
    Bill

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Steve Martin made an album in which he responded to a heckler with a chuckle and said, "Yeah, I remember when I had my first beer..."

Blessings,
    Bill
    Off topic. I'm showing my youth here, but, I always thought that quote came from Will Ferrel in "Step Brothers".

Top Bottom