• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    So I was skimming thru this this thread from the FAQ.. https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo.../21517-copying_a_handgun_permit_redux-12.html

I was curious, if I made a copy of my LTCH, on just plain ol' computer paper, and just carried that. Would I still be legal? I always carry my original pink paper, but today my mother is getting it relaminated. It's already falling apart. She has the day off, and is taking hers to get it done anyway.

So I was wondering if I'd still be legal if I carried that white copy today?

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    A friend of mine took his LTCH to the local print shop and had a few copies made ii pink. He showed it to a localLEO and they could not tell the diference. I just had to renew my LTCH and when, got a lifetime, when I get it I plan on having it copied and locking the original in my safe.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Would it be easier to copy if it's not laminated vs. already laminated? My front is hanging off now. I may wait to get it copied before I get it fixed

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    This is actually something that is covered in the FAQ. 90% reductions on pink paper laminate best and fit in a standard wallet.

Your original should be in your safe - even though this does not follow the letter of the law.

IANAL. YMMV. BBQ.

Raye7r

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2009
    Parke County
    I just scanned mine into an "all in one printer" and printed it to a page with 8 copies using a photo printer (on white paper). Printed the front just like original, pink and all. Scanned the back of the LTCH for the pink color, flipped my page of 8 copies over and printed the back side pink. Look as good as originals. Size is off slightly

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I have about 498 sheets of pink paper if anyone needs to make copies! I also have a little laminator. Works like a charm. The 90% scale turns out credit-card-sized with the laminated edges. Made multiple copies, and put the original away.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    This is actually something that is covered in the FAQ. 90% reductions on pink paper laminate best and fit in a standard wallet.

Your original should be in your safe - even though this does not follow the letter of the law.

IANAL. YMMV. BBQ.

INGO has a FAQ?

(I've always wanted to do that!)

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I just got a new printer about the same time I finally received my lifetime pink paper. I placed it on the scanner, hit print and without even turning on my computer I had a perfect scale ratio copy. The other difference is the BACK of the copy of the LTCH is not pink. I carry it in my wallet until it falls apart and now I have several spares at a moment's nice.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I made a bunch of copies on pink paper at Staples. They're identical to the original.
    If you laminate them, make sure to sign all the copies FIRST. :yesway:

trav8605

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    I have been wondering the same so thanks for posting. I have copied mine and it is pink on the front side just white on the back. Goin to get a few more copies and be pink on both sides. My original is safe at home!

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    So what about this? My LTCH is already signed and laminated, but the top lamination is hanging off now. If I get it copied, the copied LTCH will have a copy of my original signature. If I trace over it, will this still count?

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Fork over the $$ for a replacement from the state, make copies on pink paper, and do it right. I can't imagine your copy of a laminated, signed LTCH will pass muster with any of the authorities.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    That's what I was thinking. When you get your current one replaced, is it the same license number an everything? I was thinking of going ahead to replace it, copy it, and keep that one in the safe. And keep carrying the one I have now.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Thanks. "Sigh" I wish I knew this site existed before I ever got my LTCH. Would have made things a lot easier and cheaper in the long run.....

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I just got a new printer about the same time I finally received my lifetime pink paper. I placed it on the scanner, hit print and without even turning on my computer I had a perfect scale ratio copy. The other difference is the BACK of the copy of the LTCH is not pink. I carry it in my wallet until it falls apart and now I have several spares at a moment's nice.

Yep this is all I did. In fact it was already signed and laminated. Looks fine, scanned the original laminated license. The front is pink and back is white. Buddy and I got pulled over today and I handed the copy to the State Cop. He just asked if I had a firearm on my person and handed back the copied license.

I had to use my scanner since the local Staples would not copy the license for me. They will not copy federal documents.:dunno:

Top Bottom