• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    So next week is the West Side Fall Festival here in Evansville. The annual street extravaganza involving everything fried and on a stick, rides and lots of corny talent shows, etc.

http://www.nutclub.org/

A new addition this year is a sniper's nest on the roof of the Gerst Haus restaurant thanks to a grant from DHS. I watched Thursday as LEOs and FD folk used a ladder truck to haul up materials and equipment for the nest.

Now, this is the west side of Evansville. Not only will it be one heavily armed crowd, but there has never been any serious criminal activity at this event in 90 years. Well, most of the carnival games are probably fixed but come on. Seriously though, how effective can a sniper be 35'-40' above ground and looking down into a massed crowd of many thousand? Unless he stands up, he has no shot within the closest half block either way.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Heh, at first I thought you meant there was some kind of sniping event in which the public could participate rather than the fascists having some kind of kill switch on the public. What in hell is wrong with these people? Them acting like they think we're the enemy is just making it true. There are a lot more of us than them, and we have enough rounds to render them irrelevant. I hope we can knock some sense into these douchebags before we have to knock some sense into these douchebags with a bodycount.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    So next week is the West Side Fall Festival here in Evansville. The annual street extravaganza involving everything fried and on a stick, rides and lots of corny talent shows, etc.

http://www.nutclub.org/

A new addition this year is a sniper's nest on the roof of the Gerst Haus restaurant thanks to a grant from DHS. I watched Thursday as LEOs and FD folk used a ladder truck to haul up materials and equipment for the nest.

Now, this is the west side of Evansville. Not only will it be one heavily armed crowd, but there has never been any serious criminal activity at this event in 90 years. Well, most of the carnival games are probably fixed but come on. Seriously though, how effective can a sniper be 35'-40' above ground and looking down into a massed crowd of many thousand? Unless he stands up, he has no shot within the closest half block either way.

Better to have and not need than to need and not have. That's one of the primary thought processes behind carrying a firearm, is it not? How effective can they be? Extremely if they train properly. The primary role of a LE observer/sniper in that situation is as an observer and he can see a lot more more from 40' in the air than he can from ground level in a crowd of thousands. It's probably a more common practice than most realize. What's the harm?

Indy500, Brickyard & MotoGP races
    MotoGP.jpg

Upcoming Superbowl
    2011-06-15_11-09-23_891.jpg

NFL season kickoff party several years ago
    scan002.jpg

We have snipers up this weekend for the Circle City Classic. We go up for Black Expo, Political events, Jazz fest, etc.. I don't understand the issue.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Heh, at first I thought you meant there was some kind of sniping event in which the public could participate rather than the fascists having some kind of kill switch on the public. What in hell is wrong with these people? Them acting like they think we're the enemy is just making it true. There are a lot more of us than them, and we have enough rounds to render them irrelevant. I hope we can knock some sense into these douchebags before we have to knock some sense into these douchebags with a bodycount.

Wow. I'm a fascist douchebag now. Brilliant.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Ok, so you're "observing" us through a scope with a reticle mounted on a rifle, then? Yeah, I'd call that a fascist douchebag maneuver. Sorry, nothing personal, but do you really think that's necessary? If you seriously want to treat me as a potential enemy, that in fact makes me an actual enemy. I know, at least I hope, you wouldn't find a reason to drop the hammer on me, but I seriously don't appreciate being covered by the muzzle. We have anti's that want to call us paranoid just for carrying, and we're not aiming a high powered rifle at everything we look at. Stop it. Think about what you're doing.

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    Dude, phlyodog...I can't even tell you how awesome I think it is that you get to do what you do.

Awesome pics...as far as the crows nest deal that is in Evansville, if people don't have respect for what one man elevated with a precision rig can do in a crowd. They'll only make that mistake once, then they're dead.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Ok, so you're "observing" us through a scope with a reticle mounted on a rifle, then? Yeah, I'd call that a fascist douchebag maneuver. Sorry, nothing personal, but do you really think that's necessary? If you seriously want to treat me as a potential enemy, that in fact makes me an actual enemy. I know, at least I hope, you wouldn't find a reason to drop the hammer on me, but I seriously don't appreciate being covered by the muzzle. We have anti's that want to call us paranoid just for carrying, and we're not aiming a high powered rifle at everything we look at. Stop it. Think about what you're doing.

I don't view you an an enemy unless you're doing something to make me think that. I've spent hundreds of hours in those positions looking for someone wishing to do harm to innocent persons. I'm sorry you lack the intelligence to recognize who the true douchebag is. Determining who is an actual enemy isn't difficult for most people.

We don't go up to keep "everyone" in line. We go up so everyone can do what they please without having to worry about someone interfering with their rights to do so. We have these wonderful things called spotting scopes and binoculars which we can use to scan the area. We don't spend hours pointing rifles at people as you might hope.

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    Yeah...God forbid that someone comes running in to Lucas Oil with a chest full of boom booms and gets dropped before he has the chance to kill hundreds of innocents for no reason.

I'll take being looked at through crosshairs any day of the week for that protection.

News headline, "Bomb strapped terrorist stopped by a Fascist Douchebag, thousands saved"

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    There are a lot more of us than them, and we have enough rounds to render them irrelevant. I hope we can knock some sense into these douchebags before we have to knock some sense into these douchebags with a bodycount.

We don't tolerate ANY talk of violence toward police or government officials here on INGO. You can have your opinions, and even voice them here, as long as you don't make statements like the one above.

This is your official warning. Any further threats of violence in this thread or others will result in a temp ban.

Thank you. :ingo:

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I don't view you an an enemy unless you're doing something to make me think that. I've spent hundreds of hours in those positions looking for someone wishing to do harm to innocent persons. I'm sorry you lack the intelligence to recognize who the true douchebag is. Determining who is an actual enemy isn't difficult for most people.

We don't go up to keep "everyone" in line. We go up so everyone can do what they please without having to worry about someone interfering with their rights to do so. We have these wonderful things called spotting scopes and binoculars which we can use to scan the area. We don't spend hours pointing rifles at people as you might hope.

I have the utmost respect for what you do.

Thanks you for protecting those who choose to not protect themselves.

While I believe my and my families personal security is my responsibility I know there are many that do not.

Good mod post esrice.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    i still dont understand why they need a sniper at a festival? is regular uniformed police officers not enough?

Think of him as an observer more than a sniper. There is a 99.99999999% chance that all he will do is act as an eye for the officers on the ground. In a crowd of thousands, it's difficult to see more than five feet. An elevated position allows for a better view of what's going on and can allow problems to be handled before they become large scale.

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    I have no problem with it. None. I have no reason to fear someone keeping an eye out for a crazy at a crowded area...hey if nothing else its one more deterrent. Plus last time I checked these snipers were only taking out 4 or 5 innocents each festival...

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I hope they do not mistake Frosty for a bad guy.

You know they will. They have been wanting to take him out since he scared those poor little children. This is their chance, man! Crowded festival, one shot to the head, it's a done deal. It's a conspiracy, man! The government is out to get us by mobilizing douchebags!

:tinfoil:

Top Bottom