Cornell uses simulations to find the safest place to hide from zombie apocalypse

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    The World War Z BOOK indicates that zombies are nearly frozen in below zero weather. Sounds like a plan to me.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    The World War Z BOOK indicates that zombies are nearly frozen in below zero weather. Sounds like a plan to me.
    And in the spring, the grizzlies would come out and forage on the thawing zombies! Do you think the disease/plague can cross species and the grizzlies would become infected zombies?:scared:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    If the zombies freeze do they go into a state of cryogenic stasis? will they reanimate after thawing?

savage308

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Ft. Wayne
    Wow a University did a study and came to the conclusion that any person with a head on their shoulders can figure out. Less populated area equals great chance of survivability, I hope tax money was not spent on this.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    There was another study that said the desert during the summer is the best place. The dead meat will rot faster in the heat and the zombies will fall apart.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    According to them, it's the northern Rockies.

Why leave? Just bunker in place and wait for the relief column lead by General Winter.

They couldn't make it past our climate, our bugs, and Cub and Boy Scout troops with .22s; let alone INGO members.

Suggested INGO ZA threads:

"Which gun for zombie?"

"Handloading for shooting into rotting meat"

"Which plow to put on your Type 6 truck?"

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Okay, I guess someone has to be the designated buzzkill, but seriously, what is the deal with all the zombie crap over the last decade?
    It's absurd that a TV series can inspire so much hypothetical pap and even full blown ammo (looking right at you, Hornady) and multiple "zombie green" gun accessories.
    :nuts:

tc556guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Upstate NY
    Okay, I guess someone has to be the designated buzzkill, but seriously, what is the deal with all the zombie crap over the last decade?
    It's absurd that a TV series can inspire so much hypothetical pap and even full blown ammo (looking right at you, Hornady) and multiple "zombie green" gun accessories.
    I think it varies for different people

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Do you think the disease/plague can cross species and the grizzlies would become infected zombies?:scared:

Not sure about grizzlies. But I do know beavers can be infected by the zombie plague...

Zombeavers2.jpg

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    There was another study that said the desert during the summer is the best place. The dead meat will rot faster in the heat and the zombies will fall apart.

That's what I can't figure out about The Walking Dead. They are supposed to be something like 4-5 years into this zombie apocalypse and the zombies haven't rotted away yet.

They must be eating a lot of preservatives or something.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County

I think it's political correctness. Same reason why it's viewed as acceptable to make the bad guys Nazis or white businessmen in Hollywood thrillers; it doesn't gore the ox of any particular special interest group. Zombies are already dead, killing them isn't 'offensive.'

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I think it's political correctness. Same reason why it's viewed as acceptable to make the bad guys Nazis or white businessmen in Hollywood thrillers; it doesn't gore the ox of any particular special interest group. Zombies are already dead, killing them isn't 'offensive.'

A good point.
    Sorta like the Geico commercials from a few years ago with the cavemen.

Top Bottom