• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    There are multiple words that weren't racist until they were. Do we continue their usage because at one time they weren't or do we change our behavior?

We don't change our behavior because the mob is insatiable. Appeasement doesn't work any better now than it did in Chamberlain's day (or in Nicholas II's)

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    There are multiple words that weren't racist until they were. Do we continue their usage because at one time they weren't or do we change our behavior?

Just because you go around saying a certain word is now racist is not a reason for me to...

A - listen.
    B - believe you.
    C - use that word differently than in the past.
    D - give a f***.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Shame you can't be more like Trump.

President Donald Trump said Tuesday that he has decided to pull back from associating the novel coronavirus with China, which he had previously done by calling it the "China virus" or the "Chinese virus."After consulting with medical experts, and receiving guidance from the World Health Organization, CNN has determined that that name is both inaccurate and is considered stigmatizing.
    "Look, everyone knows it came out of China, but I decided we shouldn't make any more of a big deal out of it," Trump told Fox News. "I think I've made a big deal. I think people understand it."
    The President said he didn't regret using the terms to describe the virus and defended his past adoption of the terms by referencing other infectious diseases that are named after where they originate.

I thought the endless, repetitious, virtue signaling message was that we should not be like Trump. Is Orange Man no longer bad? Are we free to be sad that you can't be more like Trump? Is condescension a one way street?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    giphy.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom